What's the most interesting thing...?

takethehighroad
takethehighroad Posts: 6,639
edited November 2009 in Pro race
...that's happened at this time of the year?

I'm talking in the last couple of decades or so, what's the biggest news story that's broken in mid-November?

Because, as newsworthy as it is, Stijn Devolder doing LBL next year, isn't exactly thrilling, is it?

Comments

• "Armstrong Finally In Court" :lol::lol: That thread is the bomb. Happened in mid november too.
    Do you have any Therapeutic Use Exemptions?
    No. Never have.
    Never? What about the cortisone?
    Well, obviously there was the cortisone
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    In defence of my own thread, I'm quite enjoying it!

It makes a nice change to be discussing riders' road performances in the classics and the grand tours, who arn't necessarily Tour favourites but are still very talented, and it hasn't got any doping references yet!

Makes a change from Contador this Armstrong that.

Having said that, it's not particularly earth shattering.

I'd imagine there's plenty of 'exciting' doping stuff that occured around November...
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Cyclocross? I don't follow it that closely, but if I did I guess November would be quite exciting.

I always think Eurosport should show cyclocross races. It would fit perfectly on that channel, but they never do. Too busy showing biathlon and ski jumping I suppose.
  • teagar wrote:

It makes a nice change to be discussing riders' road performances in the classics and the grand tours, who arn't necessarily Tour favourites but are still very talented, and it hasn't got any doping references yet!

I'd imagine there's plenty of 'exciting' doping stuff that occured around November...

I wasn't criticising your post personally, just the lack of news that's around at this time.

It's more about being fed up with this Contador/Wiggins stuff that everyone's talkin about because there's literally nothing else to discuss
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    teagar wrote:

I wasn't criticising your post personally, just the lack of news that's around at this time.

It's more about being fed up with this Contador/Wiggins stuff that everyone's talkin about because there's literally nothing else to discuss
    Other than Devolder doing LBL and not the Tour :wink:.

Gent six days is on at the moment..
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    This -

mangled_by_a_zebra.jpg
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    @NapD, I think you must have got the time of year wrong - that one's clearly around the beginning of April
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    bompington wrote:
    @NapD, I think you must have got the time of year wrong - that one's clearly around the beginning of April

:roll:
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Uhmm, thank god Cipollini never rode in a Tour of Kenya.

cipo2.jpg
  • It's allways at this time of the year that teams announce their new roster for the coming season and that young neo-pros get their first contract.
    May be not a thrill, but i find it quite interesting. Who will make it and be a big one in the future? Could even be a nice thread as there are surely some guys here on the forum who watched some of those youngsters for a while and now could make their predictions.