Campag model variations

mattsccm
mattsccm Posts: 409
edited November 2009 in Workshop
'm looking for some Ergo's and in the range I am looking at, Veloce probably, there seem to be two versions, Escape or Ultra shift. What's the difference?
Some where in the back of my mind I remember reading that one variation had benefits over the other but can't remember anything else.

Comments

• canamdad
    canamdad Posts: 165
    Escape is what was used on Veloce, Mirage and Centaur levers a couple of years ago. It's basically a bad idea. It limits shifts going to easier gears on the rear to a max of 3 at a time and one at a time going down. On the front, you have to double click to go from big chainring to little when the FD is all the way over in the big ring. I had some Escape Mirage and got rid of them in favor of the Ultra shift Veloces. With the Ultra shift, you can shift a max of 5 gears up or down on the back and you just push the lever once all the way down to go from big to small ring on the front- just like my 2001 Chorus! Why did they Escape was a good idea? Anyway, just go with the Ultra shift and get the new hand shape too.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Ultra Shift is the way to go.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr