Campag Ergo cable routing

mattsccm
mattsccm Posts: 409
edited November 2009 in Workshop
I reckon I am doing it wrong. Since I picked up my C Record Ergo's 2nd hand about 10 years ago I have always run the cable either side of the bars, ie one along the inside of the curve/front and the other dropping behind the bar. This is because that seems the natural way for them to go. Never really thought anymore although I always found the one going round the back hard on the hands. Maybe I have got it wrong all these years. Should both go parallel down and along the front of the bars? Roll Eyes

Comments

• sounds like its about time you went for a ride
  • mattsccm
    mattsccm Posts: 409
    I've been moaning to myself about uncomfortable hands for 10 years on the bike. The penny just never dropped. Duh
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    You can do it either way.
  • canamdad
    canamdad Posts: 165
    My 2001 Chorus levers have two cable channels- one for routing to the front of the bars and one for routing behind. Pull up the lever hood where your cable comes out and take a look to see if yours have them. Routing to the front is more comfortable for me.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    I have both cables running at the front nearer the bottom rather than the top (if you get my drift)
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    Either side for me.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Also depends on headtube and stem length - in order to get a decent cable run, I run mine on the front, but prefer to use a more flexible cable like a Nokon or i-link as it keeps runs tighter, but more flexible.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..