baby seat

dadllywelyn
dadllywelyn Posts: 8
looking to buy a baby seat for the bike. is ther anybody out there that can give me advice on the best one.

thanks

Comments

• irwirw
    irwirw Posts: 10
    Apologies for posting a link to an open auction but this seat has been great whilst my boy has been small. Secure and stable, it's worked really well.

I haven't used any other seats to compare

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :MESELX:IT

Ian
  • google totcyle for a great review of front seats.

For rear seats, decide whether you want rack mounted or seat post.

Rack mounted: Co pliot limo is the best, but hamax plus is very good and allows panniers to be used.

Seat post mounted look at one of the hamax ones. siesta or sleepy. I tried a bobike maxi and was very unimpressed.
  • We've used a Halfords one for the last 4 years and found it excellent. We bought it second hand as well. Our kid loved it. Can't recommend it highly enough and would recommend anyone with a bike and pre school kids to buy one
    Enough bikes to open a bike shop but always room for one more...
  • All depends how much you want to spend.

We bought a cheap and cheerful one from Argos - think it was about 25 quid and used it for both my kids, and it's still going strong!

Has a quick release clamp on seatpost, which is good. Doesn't recline though ... to be honest only useful for little ones. My daughter used to always fall asleep and ended up llling about, but used to wiggle back on my saddle and her head rested on my back!

I have cycled miles and miles with ours ... 40+ mile journeys, on road and off road tracks and have loved going out with the kids. Buy whatever suits your wallet, and of course will fit your bike.

Lou
  • baudman
    baudman Posts: 757
    IMHO Front-mounted ones are much better.

BoBike mini is my fave.
    Commute - MASI Souville3 | Road/CX - MASI Speciale CX | Family - 80s ugly | Utility - Cargobike
  • I've got a weeride one from mothercare it fits on my odd framed Specialized stumpy FSR my boy loves it. I can keep and eye on him as he sits between my arms and he can see all I see rather than my back which was out anyway as I had no mounting points. I do have to put my knees out to the side a wee bit but I'm not going over 10 miles he was only 18 mnths when I bought it.