Any riders from Glasgow

tolmie
tolmie Posts: 45
edited November 2009 in MTB rides
Hi everyone, im from the southside of glasgow and new to biking, wondering if there was anyone from this way who's up for biking and also help me improve.

Cheers

Comments

• 77ric
    77ric Posts: 601
    aye there are a few of us southsiders kicking around here. where on the southside are you? and where have you been riding?
    Fancy a brew?
  • tolmie
    Hi there, I stay in castlemilk, at the foot of castlemilk drive. I've just being going about local, croftffoot, kingpark as I dont really know where to go and trying to get fit before I do a decent journey.

Would like to head to carmunock, thortonhall, eaglesham and the farms sort of route, must be some good rides that way,
  • 77ric
    77ric Posts: 601
    there is a stack of riding in the braes, if you search here there are a few threads mentioning where to start from etc. also i belive the guys from Craig McMartin cycles are up there pretty regularly.
    Fancy a brew?
  • colintrav
    colintrav Posts: 1,074
    tolmie wrote:
    Hi there, I stay in castlemilk, at the foot of castlemilk drive. I've just being going about local, croftffoot, kingpark as I dont really know where to go and trying to get fit before I do a decent journey.

Would like to head to carmunock, thortonhall, eaglesham and the farms sort of route, must be some good rides that way,

Thorntonhall that's the Glasgow subburb version of Kilmacom
  • fitch28
    fitch28 Posts: 155
    hi, we stay next to thorntonhall, often ride the back roads up through there up to eaglesham . fab wee farm there that does amazing ice cream, always good for a stop, just chap the door and they sort you out!
    otherwise just through eaglesham you can ride up to whitelees wind farm. okay for a local rideabout and gets you off the road for a bit. decent enough if you only have a couple of hours to spare.
  • colintrav
    colintrav Posts: 1,074
    fitch28 wrote:
    hi, we stay next to thorntonhall, often ride the back roads up through there up to eaglesham . fab wee farm there that does amazing ice cream, always good for a stop, just chap the door and they sort you out!
    otherwise just through eaglesham you can ride up to whitelees wind farm. okay for a local rideabout and gets you off the road for a bit. decent enough if you only have a couple of hours to spare.

What's the name of the farm that sells home made Ice cream ???

Do they have a online website by any chance ..
  • tolmie
    oh I've seen that advertised when I drive through thortonhall, will need to go up and try it, only 5 mins from me.
  • fitch28
    fitch28 Posts: 155
    meikle dripps farm. they trade under thorntonhall farmhouse ice cream or something. do about a million flavours, try the raspberry sorbet. coffee republic in silverburn also sell it as does that deli in clarkston.