Herts: Watford - Whippendell woods

denzilcarr
denzilcarr Posts: 33
edited May 2011 in MTB rides
Hi,

I live in Watford and looking for riders for Tuesday, Thursday or Friday night rides. Anyone interested?

Denzil

Comments

• guilliano
    guilliano Posts: 5,495
    If you know a route I could be tempted to join you one evening, if I have the day off. I'd have to get the train down to Watford so could meet you there....
  • There are three rides I do at night, 1:20 an 1:50 and 2:30. The rides are mainly off road with just the linking sections on road. Drains well and options for some jumps in Whippendell woods if you like.
  • merlie
    merlie Posts: 276
    I'd be interested. I work in watford ... but shifts ... post up when your out there again ... I tried to find stuff in the wipp but without much luck.
  • I'm at uni in Oxford at the minute, but will be back in Watford from the 20th of december through to late January and would be definitely up for some whippy rides. I know a few routes, but would love to see a 1:20, 1:50 and 2:30 ride as the longest loops i've seen/ridden are about 30mins.
    <font>quote:
    <hr>
    <i>Originally posted by El Capitano</i>
    Post Counts give you cancer anyway![:D]</font>
    <hr>
  • merlie
    any others out there for a whippy ride ?
  • milfredo
    milfredo Posts: 322
    I live over in Oxhey Village and a few of us ride frequently in and around the Watford area... To say we have any consistency on timings this time of year would be a lie but we are planning on doing a ride this weekend. If you send me your mobile, I can text you to know what we decide to do... if anything if weather is really bad.

PM me your name and number - what type of riding are you after?
  • milfredo
    I live over in Oxhey Village and a few of us ride frequently in and around the Watford area... To say we have any consistency on timings this time of year would be a lie but we are planning on doing a ride this weekend. If you send me your mobile, I can text you to know what we decide to do... if anything if weather is really bad.

• milfredo

• milfredo
    Denzil - I'm Will the Santa Cruz Blur LTc rider ;-)

Possibly riding in Dorking this weekend at a Leaf Hill, I've not been before and it's meant to be good.

I'll email you later in the week.
  • yo denzil ,do alot of rides outta radlett,nites.also go over to broxbourne ,wicked oveer there if ya up for it gissa shout ,and futher a field i.e.afan.landegla
  • merlie
    hopping to be in the woods tonight ...eta 5.45pm ... Wednesday night ...could do with a guide...
  • paulbox
    paulbox Posts: 1,203
    I'm in Croxley and would be up for some mid-week rides in the Whippendel. If you fancy it let me know when you're planning on going out and I'll meet up.

Like one of the earlier posters, I only really know the main outer loop so it would be good to know what other routes are available.
    XC: Giant Anthem X
    Fun: Yeti SB66
    Road: Litespeed C1, Cannondale Supersix Evo, Cervelo R5
    Trainer: Bianchi via Nirone
    Hack: GT hardtail with Schwalbe City Jets
  • SPIRO
    SPIRO Posts: 200
    Also up for riding in whippendell woods, relatively local. Would appreciate if anyone knows any other good rides in the area, radlett etc
  • merlie
  • paulbox
    I know this is a bit last-minute... But is anybody up for a ride in this area this evening?
  • mozami
    mozami Posts: 25
    Hey, any riders here want to get together and form a regular riding group, I ride here in the woods in weekend but want to get into competitive XC racing...
    PM if interested
  • paulbox
    Competitive... You sound a bit quick for me... :oops:

I would be up for a ride tonight if you fancy it.
  • Hi

I have just returned from Uni (lboro) and would be up for some riding, dont really know the area very well in terms of mtb trails but am a racer (mainly road but some XC). Will be in whippendale tomorrow 12ish.

Would be keen for some weekday/evening group rides.

Tobes
  • darcyj82
    darcyj82 Posts: 43
    Im looking to do some more rides this way soon. Just moved into Bushey area (bit busy at present, with house and all).

Daz

i'm not a racer! :)
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    wow how did I miss this thread!?

I live in Watford and regularly ride in Whippy woods at least once a week, its my local loop that and Croxley Moor.

Im a bit busy this week so can't commit to anything but if anyone fancies a ride in the not too distant future send me a pm or post up here and we'll try too meet up.

Jai
  • mozami
    Any body still ride in the whippendell woods? Where do you guys meet and when???
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    Me and my riding mates don't have a regular ride but just try to meet up when we can. We normally meet up in the car park near The Grove.
  • aebo
    aebo Posts: 1
    I would be up for it one evening. I am very local - 10 mins from my house. Are you still doing Tue/Thur/Fri evenings? Any other times?

Cheers.
  • mozami
    anybody up for it this saturday? meet at 1pm cassiobury park/west herts golf club area??? pm me
  • Just found this thread.. You guys still riding round Watford? I've been on my road bike for ages and need to shred up some dirt!

Pm me if your going out for rides... Thanks!
    Knebworth MTB Facebook Page - http://www.facebook.com/knebworthmtb
  • Dave Key
    Dave Key Posts: 1
    Hi, I too have just found this thread. I live in Northwood and would love to go out on some local rides, please pm if anyone is going out soon.
    Cheers
  • milfredo
    Quick update -

From this thread there is now a small group of us who regularly meet up on Tuesdays and or Thursdays and weekends for regular rides. We normally do between 20 - 30 miles and some people are fast (Denzil) and some of us are a little slower. Come summer we normally have after ride beers and it's a good laugh.

We organise the whole thing through a mail group so if someone want a ride they send an email and there is always someone else about to join in.

Drop me an email to williamgbarratt 'at' gmail 'dot' com and I'll forward you the joining instructions.

The more the merrier! :)
  • Not sure if you got my email... Had a great shred at Whippy today!... Nice weather :)

Add me to your list please ben 'at' stickdigtal dot co dot uk..

Maybe an idea is to always meet at the car park? Everyone knows it and it's a good basecamp.
    Knebworth MTB Facebook Page - http://www.facebook.com/knebworthmtb
  • milfredo
    Hello Mr Stick,

Bazza must have missed your email as I remember seeing it. Send another to rides at Watfordmtb dot co dot uk and he'll add you. We've had a lot of joiners this week so you must have slipped off the pile.

Anyway, me and Denzil are meeting at Watford Met at 19.30 for a burn around one of our loops that normally take about two hours. Denzil is pretty quick while I'm average.

Come along, the more the merrier,
    Will