Evans in Reading

matt748
matt748 Posts: 194
edited November 2009 in MTB general
OK, so I had an hour to kill so I thought I'd pop into the new shiny Evans store in Reading near the Oracle shopping centre.
WTF? Barrier to the car park (which they share with the new Premier Inn) is down, and a sign says car park full (it wasn't). Please use the Oracle car park. Yeah right, at those prices! Just to look round a bike shop.
What a waste of time. Guess they must lose a lot of custom through this.
Rant over. :roll:
Matt

Trek Fuel EX8 '09
My Pics

Comments

• weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    PArk in the road opposite Great Expectations. 1 hour parking there FoC.
  • oracle prices are not actually that bad.

Been in there several times and the price has been pretty reasonable and less than the price we worked it out to be using the prices per hours they display.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • TBH, who cares if they lose business. They're not a great lbs in my experience. No good for weird stuff and anything that hampers them is a plus in my book as it helps out the little guys.
  • matt748
    matt748 Posts: 194
    weeksy59 wrote:

Tried mate. Jam packed. Are you the same Weeksy that I remember from Ducati Sporting Club?

North Sure, I don't mind paying to park at the Oracle. When I'm shopping at the Oracle.

Trek Fuel EX8 '09
    My Pics
  • zedhead
    zedhead Posts: 109
    If it's anyhting like Evans in Canary Wharf it'd be a wate if time anyway... :roll:
    Early Orange 5, Felt Z85, Scott Thicko, modified Giant full suss (both nicked)- beat-up single-speed rigid 1992 Saracen (scrapped), and various 2-wheelers with big engines
  • matt748 wrote:

North Sure, I don't mind paying to park at the Oracle. When I'm shopping at the Oracle.

Touché

I must say it was almost wasn't even worth me walking to it. Its pretty bare in there. I did manage to get a cheap brake cable though so it wasn't all pointless.

Must say the guys in there we pretty helpful, can imagine popping in there for small items every now and then but for a look around its really not very good.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • rubins4
    rubins4 Posts: 563
    Found the guys in the Brighton store to be really helpful and friendly. Been in there and had a random chat on several occasions...anyone else with experiences of the Brighton store, good or bad?
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12613038
    Anyway, fk dis, I iz off 4 a ride innit. l8rz peepz
  • weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    matt748 wrote:
    weeksy59 wrote:

Tried mate. Jam packed. Are you the same Weeksy that I remember from Ducati Sporting Club?

Yup, that's me.
  • Agoogy
    Agoogy Posts: 66
    You can normally just pull up onthe pavement outside it.. I've done that the last 2 times I've been...
    Lapierre 714 - nicked from Centre Parcs
    2009 Stuntjumper HT Expert Carbon
  • I bought a new bike( Genesis Altitude 30 for £1299.99 )today from the gateshead branch and they were really good, lad that served me was helpful and he gave me a free shock pump and i never even asked for it. Last bike i bought was a stumpy 07 from Edinburgh cycle shop in Newcastle which was a total contrast, big headed staff who never even set my bike up for me, wouldn't give me a shock pump and charged me full price for 2 power links, never again
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Alu/Carbon, 2011
    Specialized Stumpjumper, 07
    Genisis Altitude 30, 09
    Giant XTC4, 04
  • Mccraque
    Mccraque Posts: 819
    i like the brighton chaps. they may call yoiu dude and use words such as gnarly and phat, but they are welcoming, warm and make sure your bike is right.

Even if it takes 3 attempts; :lol: h