Crud Road Racers - Spesh Secteur Sport

ric7481
ric7481 Posts: 103
edited December 2009 in Workshop
Anyone know if these acually fit this bike ? Before I throw the last couple of toys outta my pram ! :evil: :evil:

Comments

• topdude
    topdude Posts: 1,557
    From other threads the general advice seems to be " can you fit a 4mm allen key between the tyre and frame / forks". If you can then it should be possible.
    I had no problems fitting them to my VN Euros as there is enough clearance but i did have to increase the bend on the front guard in a bowl of hot water to get it to follow the curve of the tyre and not rub. :D
    What is the problem are you having :?:
    He is not the messiah, he is a very naughty boy !!
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    I'd be interested to know if anyone has managed to fit these to a 2005-2007 Specialized Allez. I've bought a set - rattling from SKS Raceblades was getting on my t!ts - but I'm really struggling. Only tried the rear so far - and that's with a 23mm tyre - and I've messed on for upwards opf two hours and while I've got it to run quietly, the clearances are minute (1-1.5mm) just after the rear caliper and if I installed the bushings there'd probably still be 3-5mm from the rim.
  • smeev
    smeev Posts: 105
    Fiited these to my 2010 spesh allez 16, didnt really have any issues apart from the front crud's attachment was rubbing on the front tyre. just took it off & no problems so far.
    Had them on 4 about a week now.
    Special eyes 4 ever....