Suspicious road bike on ebay - R1

Buckled_Rims
Buckled_Rims Posts: 1,648
edited November 2009 in Road stolen
Just in case this ebay item is stolen. I'm not accusing anyone and hope it's genuine. But this has all the hallmarks of a stolen bike. ie, no technical details and bad picture for what looks like a nicely expensive bike!

http://tinyurl.com/ykg5wfj
CAAD9
Kona Jake the Snake
Merlin Malt 4

Comments

• what make of bike is it?
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    Does look dodgy - no size, says v brakes when they're not etc.
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • Mithras
    Mithras Posts: 428
    HED R1 I am reliably informed.
    I can afford to talk softly!....................I carry a big stick!
  • Mithras
    Mithras Posts: 428
    edited November 2009
    oopd double post
    I can afford to talk softly!....................I carry a big stick!
  • i cannot find much about them HED bikes, but its not a £1000++ bike is it?

presumably there cannot be many of there around so easy to track to its 'owner'.
  • majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    chrishumes wrote:
    i cannot find much about them HED bikes, but its not a £1000++ bike is it?

I can't tell what the spec is there but it even with average bits I would think that build was at least £1k originally. From the carbon aero seatpost and Arione saddle I'd assume the owner likes nice kit.

Someone in my club rides a HED and they're nice looking frames in a sort of understated way. I hope this can be traced to its owner before it disappears. :(

Matthew
  • carrock
    carrock Posts: 1,103
    well its at the princely sum of £26 of the queen's pounds

Says a lot.....
  • Looks like we're not the only ones to be suspicious.

http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/archive/index.php/t-48913.html

Someone got a reply from the seller who still doesn't give a clear answer. They've confirmed it's a HED R1, I thought like a few others it "might" have been a Scott R1.
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • i asked a few questions and didnt get a reply. i wonder if they look at this forum and check who's posting?? to find out that its a HED via google brings up this post i think as theres not much on the HED bikes
  • i asked some questions yesterday no reply different user name to here does seem very dodgy to me :x but could be wrong