Womens logic!.....

hopper1
hopper1 Posts: 4,389
edited November 2009 in The bottom bracket
While I've been away at work, 8 parcels have arrived at home, addressed to me.
Speaking to my wife, yesterday, she suggested that she wrap them up and put them under the Christmas Tree! :shock:
I protested strongly... These are essential items, for my bike and I...
Christmas is a whole different kettle of fish... I'll show her (and Santa) that list when I get home. :wink:
She didn't really seem to buy into my plan, but that's irrelevant. I'll be away again before Christmas, so I can always visit Santas internet store and organise my own pressies... :wink::D:D

EDIT: Trust women to see the sensible side of things :shock:
Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!

Comments

• Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    Well you should have lied and said that they were presents for HER for Christmas and that she musn't ask any more questions. 8) (or did they all come in Wiggle boxes?) ALtho then you'd have to order 8 more presents that really are for her (get them shipped to work next time).

I don't know if it's women's logic - I've just had my birthday presents early - couldn't wait another 3 weeks to fit my shiny new compact :)
  • hopper1
    Ands wrote:
    Well you should have lied and said that they were presents for HER for Christmas and that she musn't ask any more questions. 8) (or did they all come in Wiggle boxes?) ALtho then you'd have to order 8 more presents that really are for her (get them shipped to work next time).

I don't know if it's women's logic - I've just had my birthday presents early - couldn't wait another 3 weeks to fit my shiny new compact :)

If I had to buy her 8 pressies, I'd be broke :shock: Nowt left for me :wink:
    Shipped to work is a no-no.... Santa doesn't do rigs! :evil:

Aaaaah, Birthday... That's a week before Christmas, and another thing, entirely. Possibly another subject for a Post... :roll:
  • Ands
    Women have all sorts of tricks up their sleeves - you need to get creative.

e.g telling husband that the "nice jeans" they are wearing are ages old (ages as in bought last week in Zara while you were out riding :P ) Husband then ponders the fact that he's never noticed them before and woman makes him feel guilty for never noticing what she wears. Cue lots of attention and gifts from husband :lol: (scheming? us? never!)
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Eight boxes of shoes really, isn't it? :wink:
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • hopper1
    Ands wrote:
    Women have all sorts of tricks up their sleeves - you need to get creative.

e.g telling husband that the "nice jeans" they are wearing are ages old (ages as in bought last week in Zara while you were out riding :P ) Husband then ponders the fact that he's never noticed them before and woman makes him feel guilty for never noticing what she wears. Cue lots of attention and gifts from husband :lol: (scheming? us? never!)

My wife doesn't complain about what I spend, as I never bat an eye lid when she spends. I am also the sole earner... :wink:
    I do notice what she buys/wears... I have had the female reverse psychology used on me before, so that's a lesson learnt!
    You are a cunning fox... I hope your OH doesn't frequent these sites :shock:
  • hopper1
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Eight boxes of shoes really, isn't it? :wink:

If only it were that simple, Aggieboy... The boxes vary from pedals to a 20" floor fan! :shock:
  • jewelery to a full length mirror... easy!
  • hopper1
    lol
    :wink:
  • Ands
    hopper1 wrote:
    You are a cunning fox... I hope your OH doesn't frequent these sites :shock:
    Actually, I must confess, I have never tried anything like that! I have a friend who is very sneaky tho, buys heaps and sneaks it thru the front door up to the wardrobe. I don't really understand why - probably cos she knows she buys far more than she really needs. My OH knows everything that I buy and I would never feel the need to deceive him (anyway, it's his money as he is the sole earner (plus joint bank account & joint credit card so I think he'd notice)!!)
  • Mothyman
    Mothyman Posts: 655
    ..4 of those parcels are your son's latest LEGO sets for you to construct....

:P
  • hopper1
    Mothyman wrote:

Oh God, Not more LEGO!!!! :cry::cry:
  • hopper1 wrote:
    Mothyman wrote:

Oh God, Not more LEGO!!!! :cry::cry:
    attack of the lego clones im afraid! lol
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • Women...logic... :?: :?: :roll:

Christmas pressies never a problem. She admits to not knowing what I want/need so I just have to buy it myself. And wrap it. And look surprised!!!

At least I'm never disappointed.
    There's no such thing as too old.
  • Ands
    Women...logic... :?: :?: :roll:
    It's something way beyond what you're capable of understanding :lol::lol::lol:
  • I don't know about that.

Just think women & logic are contradictory concepts.

I understand logic. I would never profess to understand women. Too dangerous!
    There's no such thing as too old.
  • Woman Logic... yesterday morning United Utilites were talking about turning off all the water in the town for a few hours, due to the floods. So I fills the bath.

OH sa "I'm going to have a shower"

"But the bath's full"

"I know i'll just stand in it"

"Where will the water go?"

"oh yeah!"

Fule.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • hopper1
    Woman Logic... yesterday morning United Utilites were talking about turning off all the water in the town for a few hours, due to the floods. So I fills the bath.

OH sa "I'm going to have a shower"

"But the bath's full"

"I know i'll just stand in it"

"Where will the water go?"

"oh yeah!"

Fule.

She could have used her initiative and let the water out before showering... So as to not get it dirty :shock:
  • TO my mind, that was secondary to the idea that the shower water would just magically disappear.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    When I was looking for a new bike I inflated the price so much that when I told my wife I had found one a lot cheaper, by 2K, it was no problem just get it. If she ever finds out, I will be moved into the shed I reckon. :wink:
  • hopper1
    Nice one...

Unfortunately for me, my wife can read & write, has a photographic memory, and knows how to use Google & Froogle...
    If she notices anything new to do with road bikes, MTB's, kayaks, snowboards, motorbikes, or anything she's not sure of... She'll soon know everything there is to know... and, so will I! :shock:
  • oxoneil
    oxoneil Posts: 147
    The title of your thread doesn't make sense :wink:
  • hopper1
    oxoneil wrote:

:shock: Sssssssshhhhhhhhh!!!!! :shock: You'll get me in trouble :roll:
  • Aggieboy
    hopper1 wrote:
    oxoneil wrote:

Why are you on here? I thought you were back today - nothing better to do!!!!!!!!
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Ands
    If you guys want to talk about logic can you explain why there is a bike standing in my newly-decorated living room when there is a perfectly good garage attached to the side of the house?? :roll: :D
  • Aggieboy
    Ands wrote:
    If you guys want to talk about logic can you explain why there is a bike standing in my newly-decorated living room when there is a perfectly good garage attached to the side of the house?? :roll: :D

Why are you in the living room when you should be in the kitchen? :roll:
  • -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548
    Ands wrote:

It's warmer in there and it likes to watch TV

-Spider-
  • Ands
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Ands wrote:

Why are you in the living room when you should be in the kitchen? :roll:
    ooh, so cutting! Actually, I was in the living room CLEANING and it's in the way (I would hate to splash water on it from my mop & bucket. :roll: )

Besides, it doesn't match my new colour scheme. :D
  • Aggieboy
    Ands wrote:
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Ands wrote:
    If you guys want to talk about logic can you explain why there is a bike standing in my newly-decorated living room when there is a perfectly good garage attached to the side of the house??

Why are you in the living room when you should be in the kitchen?

ooh, so cutting! Actually, I was in the living room CLEANING and it's in the way (I would hate to splash water on it from my mop & bucket. )
    See those big round things? They're wheels. :roll: You can move it to clean, as long as you return it to the same positon.

Ands wrote:
    Besides, it doesn't match my new colour scheme.

Mr Ands, you have permission for a new bike. 8)
  • hopper1
    Aggieboy wrote:
    hopper1 wrote:
    oxoneil wrote:

Why are you on here? I thought you were back today - nothing better to do!!!!!!!!

Did that already! Then put my bag down and did it again... :wink:
  • Ands
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Mr Ands, you have permission for a new bike. 8)

LOL - it is a new bike - collected on Saturday (and hence has a 1m exclusion zone all around). I wouldn't mind but Mr A has gone down south and left it in there. It's not like he's here to gaze lovingly at it every evening. :roll: