Spesh Enduro - what travel on which frames?

bluechair84
bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
edited November 2009 in MTB general
If someone doesn't get back to me soon about an Ellsworth Moment, I might pick up and Enduro over the next few days on fleabay (pre 2007). I didn't realise they came in different travel versions until a recent thread on here...
Can someone tell me exactly which ones were 6inchers? Did it differ through the years or was each years model have the travel as the other years models?

Cheers

Comments

• P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    edited November 2009
    Expert, Pro and S Works are 150mm (not quite 6" but close)

Standard Enduro and Enduro elite are 138mm.

I think that covers the '05 and '06 models. The 07, 08 & 09 SL's are 150mm and the 10 is 160mm.

They're great fun bikes, not brilliant climbers but take the piss out of the bigger trail centre stuff and freeride courses.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 2,086
    Not quite there Tonto. There's no travel difference between specs, but there are significant differences between years.

2003-2004 bikes were 130mm (monocoque frame)

2005-2006 bikes were 150mm (SX trail style frame)

2007-2009 bikes were 150mm (Enduro SL rocker link)

the 2010 bike has 160mm
  • Alex
    Guh. You're right. I only checked the 05 bikes and didn't bother looking at the 06's!

All the 05 bikes were 150mm, but the two bottom rung enduros in 06 ran on reduced shocks. Kinda pointless really.

I did not know that.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Alex did not the 2006 Enduro Elite and the Enduro used different shocks and front mounts for 140mm travel?

page 10 http://cdn.specialized.com/OA_MEDIA/pdf ... Enduro.pdf
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Alex
    Nah, the only model with a different shock mounts/shuttles was the SX trail.
  • If someone doesn't get back to me soon about an Ellsworth Moment,

what do you need to know about the Ellsworth Moment? Are you waiting on a reply from Freeborn Bikes (the UK Ellsworth importer)?

(I take it you are buying one new, and not second-hand off Ebay?)

if you need any info give me a call at Freeborn Esher on 01372 476 969

cheers
    rob
    Freeborn Esher
    Call 01372 476 969 for more information on UK\'s leading freeride park - Esher Shore www.eshershore.com
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    Ah cheers guys,
    it's been a good day! Taken the girl out on her second ever mountain bike ride up at Dalby, she was very patient whilst I sessioned the jump spot, she loved riding around, pub grub on the way home. Get back to find some awesome help on here too!

Esher - It's a second hand Moment from the MTBR forums but since telling him I'd have it, he hasn't gotten back in touch. Quite gutted!!
    Otherwise I'm watching an Expert and a Pro frame on Ebay (plus a more expensive Moment) so I'm covered in the travel department.

Thanks for the info. If I get the Moment I'll be sure to boast about it on here. If it's the spesh... I'll just keep quite about my 'Ford Mondeo' frame...