Pins and needles in my hands

javdmbrett
javdmbrett Posts: 36
edited November 2009 in Health, fitness & training
Guys and girls

i am riding a road bike Rayleigh carbon fibre air, brand new, gorgeous however although for the last ten years I have been riding a MTB, I never suffered from Pins and needles in my fingers.

I have an idea that the frame is a large I am usually on a meduim, but could it be the riding position I have a 80mm stem would changing that bring in slightly and relieve the pain in hands?

Just an idea it might seem obvious I am on the bike five days a week 40 kms a day!
Skype address: andalucianadventure

Comments

• robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    Just a thought, when I do recovery rides on my MTB I get pins and needles, when riding normally never.

Same riding position so it's not that, my conclusion was I was more static on the bars, not much for my hands to do.

When normally riding hands are constantly working, so now I just keep them on the move, solved the problem. :D
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • irvini
    irvini Posts: 44
    It's usually to do with pressure on the nerve in your wrist.
    All your nerves for your hands go through a tunnel in your wrist so anything pressing on that would mean the nerve is compressed which will result in pins and needles.

Moving your hands around will help as will keeping your wrists straight and some of those gloves as well with the gel inserts to cut down on vibrations and pressure.
    It's here it's now it's disappointingly lacking in any real knowledge, http://blogs.liverpoolecho.co.uk/acyclistslife/