And Contador sez...

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited November 2009 in Pro race
He's reached an agreement to honour his contract next year.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Ah....the good old days - when a contract was worth the paper it was written on. Now it's not even worth that.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    iainf72 wrote:
    He's reached an agreement to honour his contract next year.

Not surprised in the least this last 2 months or so Bertie has been trying to lead everybody a merry dance. Always felt he would still be with Astana next season and those that know their stuff know they still have few decent riders on their books.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    Precisely MG - with Vino welcome at the TdF and some solid signings AC is sitting pretty - and probably has been all this time :wink:
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    I can't believe this, I really thought he was going to enhance his clean credentials by signing with Garmin - instead he's spending at least another season (like every other one of his career) with a dubious team... astonishing. :roll:
  • MatHammond wrote:
    I really thought he was going to enhance his clean credentials
    I suspect only Garmin's management, their PR company and some cycling fans really care about "clean credentials", the rest of us wanna see some drama. I wasn't aware that AC (or many other riders for that matter) cared much about "clean credentials". Shame though that Vino's coming back, he really is a sh*t.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    MatHammond wrote:
    I can't believe this, I really thought he was going to enhance his clean credentials by signing with Garmin - instead he's spending at least another season (like every other one of his career) with a dubious team... astonishing. :roll:

I've wondered for a while if the Garmin link was blown out of all proportion. Yes, I know there was contact between them before the Tour but later in the season Bertie said he'd rather not sign with an "anglo" team.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    iainf72 wrote:
    MatHammond wrote:

I've wondered for a while if the Garmin link was blown out of all proportion. Yes, I know there was contact between them before the Tour but later in the season Bertie said he'd rather not sign with an "anglo" team.

Think you're right there Iain. And of course, if AC went to Garmin it would have made the likelihood of Wiggins "coming home" that bit more likely.

I think it was a case of wishful thinking on the part of a lot of media/fans, than a possibility.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    I should've put a few more rolling eyes in - I was taking the p**s! He was never gonna go to Garmin was he?!
  • The Garmin move was never ever going to happen was it? Quickstep maybe or Caisse D possibly? Maybe even still? Would be good to see him team up with the Chicken, Vino and Landis on their Tour comebacks. That would be a team of superhuman ability.