Chrissie Wellington cyclist

wicked
wicked Posts: 844
edited November 2009 in Pro race
This could be interesting. Anyone else and I would be dubious about the chances of success but this just might work......

http://road.cc/content/news/11169-briti ... ondon-2012
It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.

Comments

• DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    She is *very* strong on the bike. Funny, I was wondering just recently, how she'd get on in women's road racing.

Hoping Lance takes part in IM Hawaii in 2011 so he can get "chicked" by Chrissie....
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    It doesn't seem to say it in the link, but I read elsewhere she was interested in doing the 40-50 km time trial at the Olympics.

Compared to other triathletes, she's probably strongest as a runner, but she's still pretty good as a cyclist - she took 54 mins for the Alpe d’Huez climb as part of the Alpe d’Huez triathlon … and that's after having already swum 2.2 km and ridden 100 km/1600 m (including over the Col de l’Alpe du Grand Serre and the Col d’Ornon), and still needing to keep enough in reserve for a half-marathon.

I'd like to see her do well but I imagine the Olympic time trial distance is too short for her.

(I read that after her recent Hawaii sucess she received 12 proposals of marriage, including two from women! She certainly does look fun to be with.)
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    knedlicky wrote:
    Compared to other triathletes, she's probably strongest as a runner, but she's still pretty good as a cyclist - she took 54 mins for the Alpe d’Huez climb as part of the Alpe d’Huez triathlon

While I wouldn't describe running as her weakness it is on the bike that she has completely destroyed the field in her 3 Hawaii world championship wins.
    (I read that after her recent Hawaii sucess she received 12 proposals of marriage, including two from women! She certainly does look fun to be with.)

Don't tell my wife! :wink: