Renault Trafic Capacity

gregk
gregk Posts: 17
edited December 2009 in Tour & expedition
Does anyone know how many cyclists with bike boxes can reasonably fit in a rented Renault Trafic?

Comments

• I dont know about the Traffic, we used a Chrysler Grand Voyager to do Paris Roubaix last year. Three road bikes (complete unboxed), four adults and luggage piece of cake.
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • Garrigou
    Garrigou Posts: 145
    A long-wheelbase Trafic will take 9 passengers (inc the driver), but with that many bodies, you'd be lucky to get 3 bike boxes in the back. (I won one and have tried this a few times).
    If you went with 5 adults and bike BAGS rather than hard BOXES, I reckon you'd be able to squeeze the 5 bike bags and other hand luggage in.
    If you can rent a trailer with it, you should be able to do 9 riders & 9 bikes. Cheers.
    Between me & Eddy Merckx we've won pretty much everything worth winning on a bike.
  • I have a Short WB 9 seater traffic.
    With the rear row of seats removed I can get 5 passengers in and 5 large bike boxes / bags in the space left by the rear seats - very comfortably because there's two passanger seats up front next to the driver.

Now you can get 4 people fairly comfortably across the 3 middle seats but one person doesn't get a seatbelt so I can't really recommend this. There's plenty of room in the back for 5/6 bikes.

Cheers

Craig