does any body else have problems printing maps from memory map
hates dog walkers

Comments

• v23
    v23 Posts: 217
    what kind of problems?
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Nope just highlight the area you want in the greenbox and print 8)
  • after green box thing press print but it sends the file to my documents,adobe adf.but cant open it from there, maybe a printer fault, printer works fine with everything else
    hates dog walkers
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    after green box thing press print but it sends the file to my documents,adobe adf.but cant open it from there, maybe a printer fault, printer works fine with everything else
    Sounds like a printer/set up fault mine just prints.
  • im so daft, it was the printer set up in memory map that were not set up to go to my printer
    thanks for your help
    hates dog walkers
  • S_J_P
    S_J_P Posts: 908
    Glad to hear you've sorted it out!

Did you know that there's a trick to allow you to print A3 maps from MM (so long as you have an A3 printer)?
  • ^^ Do tell.

I can print 'my own' 25K maps on A3 but not the legitimate 50K or road ones.
    Northwind wrote: It's like I covered it in superglue and rode it through ebay.
  • S_J_P
    S_J_P Posts: 908
    The lack of A3 printing is a requirement of OS, and not the MM software, which will happily print A3 if the maps aren't OS copyrighted. The trick is to use a hex-editor, find the "crown copyright" string (which is near the end of the map-file IIRC) and simply change it to something else. It's apparently the same string which prevents the original MM maps from being used to V5 software.

The map files are big, so you'll need one of the (free) Hex Editor utilities which allows loading of partial files to make the changes.
  • cant get anything bigger than a4 paper
    hates dog walkers