Mark Cavendish book signings, November 25th and 26th

DanielFriebe
DanielFriebe Posts: 102
edited November 2009 in Pro race
Just a reminder that Mark will be signing copies of his book "Boy Racer" at two events in London next week.

The details are as follows:

Waterstones Canary Wharf - Cabot Square

* Cabot Place East
* London, E14 4QT
* Wednesday 25th November, 12:30 - 1:30pm

Waterstones London Wall

* 54 - 55 London Wall
* London EC2M 5RA
* Thursday 26th November, 12:30 - 1:30pm

Comments

• Both shops convenient for the banker fanboys I see.

Any West End ones?
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Both shops convenient for the banker fanboys I see.

Any West End ones?

West end? Wot, for the people who work in shops :wink:
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Is he signing them Dan, or are you ghosting his signature too? :wink:
  • So that's London is it? I assume so.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    AndyRubio wrote:
    So that's London is it? I assume so.

The clue is in the "London" in the address :wink:
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • He could make an effort and come visit us Northern boys!
  • Are there any updates to the book?
  • There will be for the paperback, which is out next June.
  • Ok, will have to consider as I already have a copy of the book!
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Will the paperback have an up-date?
  • Tusher
    Doh! What was I thinking of......so, I'll be buying the paperback (already have the hardback, of course) but will he be coming to Scotland to do a book signing?

Pretty please.
  • I a do book signing on day after with team. :)
    francos.png
  • Tusher
    Did anyone here actually go to have a book signed?

http://twitter.com/fakecav
  • ianlash
    ianlash Posts: 147
    I had my booked signed by him on London Wall. What a nice chap. He was happy to sign anything (lots of people with jersey's etc), have his photo taken, have a quick chat. Lots of people there, queueing through the shop, out the door and down the street.

Surprised at how skinny he was.
  • Tusher
    Thanks for replying so quickly, Ian- I'm unexpectedly delighted for him that there was so much interest. There's nothing sadder than a book signing with no people.

Still hoping that he'll sign the paperback in Glasgow or Edinburgh.
  • ianlash
    They said it was one of the best attendances they had had for a book signing. They ran out of his books too!
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    Yep i was there today also... really pleasant guy. I'd had such a ball ache getting my Milan-San Remo print in time (involved me traveling across the city last night to the shit couriers) but got it signed which made my day. (Big thanx to Daniel for the help in locating that)

Did make me laugh when after the first two people in line you could see the girl in charge tell him not to have such long conversations with people coz there was so many to get through. lol
  • Was the dedication in the book changed? I just had to ask!
  • ianlash wrote:
    They said it was one of the best attendances they had had for a book signing. They ran out of his books too!

I got there just after midday and realised if I didn't get in the queue pretty sharpish then I'd be standing outside. I got the book signed for my little boy which may go under-appreciated for some time (he's only just turned two!)...but since he's already flying about on his whizzbike, I'm hoping for great things..!

Oh yeah, Mark was completely charming and ready to chat - I reckon that was a successful day all round, for Cav, for Waterstones and for me! Now can anyone tell me who were the two lovelies wandering around close to the desk...?
    Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir... gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak.
    And then you put in the milk.
  • ianlash
    Was the dedication in the book changed? I just had to ask!

It says "To Lissie".
  • Now can anyone tell me who were the two lovelies wandering around close to the desk...?

I'll (part) answer my own question - I've just discovered one of them was Cav's other half. If I wasn't already married to an Italian, I'd now be looking for one...!
    Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir... gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak.
  • Tusher

I'll (part) answer my own question - I've just discovered one of them was Cav's other half. If I wasn't already married to an Italian, I'd now be looking for one...!

Haruumph.

Looks aren't everything- I bet she was caked in make-up and takes an hour each morning to slap it on. Unless I find out that Melissa chucked him, my conviction that his new flame is a money chasing trollop shall remain.

Just away to get myself a saucer of milk.
  • Tusher wrote:

Haruumph.

Looks aren't everything- I bet she was caked in make-up and takes an hour each morning to slap it on. Unless I find out that Melissa chucked him, my conviction that his new flame is a money chasing trollop shall remain.

Just away to get myself a saucer of milk.

I can't comment on anything else, but on this point...no. She was, frankly, a knockout!
  • ianlash wrote:
    Was the dedication in the book changed? I just had to ask!

It says "To Lissie".

Good! She deserves it!
    There's a paragraph dedicated to her at the end of the book, that not changed either??