Anybody else chancing it tonight?

.blitz
.blitz Posts: 6,197
edited November 2009 in MTB general
The weather forecast is for clear spells tonight but outside the trees are leaning sideways and it's drizzling.

However, batteries are being charged and I feel good. I'm off! :D

Comments

• Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    As usual, I have already done my daily cycle! :D
  • I have to or else I shall not be getting home tonight...looking forward to it though!
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • mellex
    mellex Posts: 214
    I found myself going sideways (not in a cool drift you understand) for most of my ride. Even as I swore, my words just came back and hit me in the face.
  • wordnumb
    wordnumb Posts: 847
    Just done 30 miles. The ground is saturated, proper mucky.
  • kdw712
    kdw712 Posts: 72
    was considering it
    but my mates rear brake hydraulic cable has gone phutttttttttt
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Yeah, we're off to glentress in... 5 minutes. If you don't hear from me by 10pm, send out the coastguard.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    cant be fussed with night riding but i am off out for a jog though.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,097
    Lights are on the bike thats in the bike shop. So might risk a run & knackering my knee :)
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952

You got a torch?

Just bought a Petzl Myo XP and it's brilliant! Luckily I run almost 100% off road so no one sees me looking like a complete loon. 85 lumens with up to 150 lumen boost mode. The run includes some very off road (with 40ft cliff in places) woodland stuff so even with the torch it's still a bit scary.

http://www.petzl.com/en/outdoor/myo-series/myo-xp

Got it cheap off teabay.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Well. That was quite grim! Tradition says we sit at the bench at spooky woods, eat haribos and talk balls for 5 minutes before we start descending. Howling winds and horizontal rain says "let's ride down as fast as we can and get in the car" Good fun though, slidy without being totally unpredictable, lovely.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • glad you enjoyed yourself, i'm stuck indoors with the flu and a chest nfection, so just having to take it easy for a while before getting back out
    whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781

i tried jogging once, aimed to do 10 miles a day and after 2 weeks i was so far from home i decided it was a bad idea to keep jogging :lol:

i haven't got any lights yet so i am limited to daytime hours

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • Anonymous
    Surf-Matt wrote:

You got a torch?

my gaff is in the urban setting so my run is paved and streetlit (for the most part, i am in chatham afterall) but that looks pretty good.

was a short but extremely tiring one tonight, heart was definately not in it and every step was laboured.
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    well I tried, but half way round I decided that trying to not fall in the sea one way or a drainage ditch the other wasn't too much fun. Unfortunately I was half way round so I had to keep going.

Pedalling whilst angling your bike into/against the wind is not fun. I think I understand now why they say winds in coastal areas are worse.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • I chanced it along the coastal paths. A ride that usally takes 30 mins took me well over an hour i got blown off the bike and i was knackered at the end of it. :o

Still i;m going to try again tonight :P
  • Nope gonna eat fat boy food, guff a bit have a scratch then think about wiping my bike down a bit to drag my fat butt out this weekend.
  • Anonymous
    Not chancing it here tonight. I can barely stand up outside, let alone ride a bike. We also have floods over 2 feet deep in some areas.
    I mean, winter riding is great, but I have my limits.