Mudguard?

BigJimmyB
BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
edited January 2011 in MTB general
I've recently seen bikes sporting a small mudguard at the rear.

Am aware of the Bender Fender (recently reviewed here), but wondered if the ones I've seen are different?

Thanks
BJB

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    BigJimmyB wrote:

Am aware of the Bender Fender (recently reviewed here), but wondered if the ones I've seen are different?

Thanks
    BJB

who the hell knows.

you are the one that saw them.

maybe the make and brand of bike might help as some have their own.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • BigJimmyB
    Nick - if you have nothing of use to say, please don't bother.

I'm sure you know your stuff and contribute in a big way to the forum (going by your post count), but posts like this are arrogant and uneccessary.

If I knew the bike brand I'd seen these on I'd have given it. I just thought someone may know what I am referring to and offer some suggestions.

I've given and idea of the type of thing I mean, so perhaps that will be enough for some who are less pedantic than yourself.
  • I spy the ban hammer coming down here for personal attacks

BigJimmyB, there was no need for that outburst at one of our beloved mods.

Nick is one of the most helpful people on here. Have another look at your original post
    BigJimmyB wrote:

what exactly are you asking here, how on earth is anyone meant to know what the mudguard you seen was? Small can mean anything, small compared to what? I've got a topeak defender rx and most mudguards are small compared to that!!!!!

You state you are aware of the Bender Fender, surely you should know if they are different to the ones you seen (i'll give you a clue - if they look different, chances are they are different)
    whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Cube muddy board?
    34774.jpg
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • BigJimmyB
    Razer - it wasn't an attack. I think I was quite respectful. I DID think Nick's post was pedantic and uneccessary. Whether he or you agree is irrelevant, that was my perception.

I've also done my best to explain. The guard in question is similar in size to the Bender Fender, but I did not know if it was brand-specific to the bike (which happened to pass me at Code Y Brenin in the opposite direction at abt 20mph, so hard to look at very well).

Don't try to make more of this than there actually is and stir up trouble.

NIck - no offence meant and I'm sure you're sensible enough to see that. I just would have appreciated a more helpful answer, that's all.

I expected a flurry of 'do you mean this?' replies. Alas they didn't come.

Bails - thanks - this is similar to what I'm looking for.
  • Not trying to stir up trouble, merely stating that from the info you provided, what other answer did you expect. If i ask a stupid question, or ask a question with next to no information in it, i would expect a short sharp response (you see where i'm coming from here)

Had you asked if anyone had links to a mudguard of a similar size to the bender fender, you may have received a flurry of 'do you mean this' replies. But as you didnt ask, you got what was an accurate response.

Anyway, crc have the one bails found for £21.99 http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=34774
    whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    if the bike you saw was a specialized it could well have been
    http://www.specialized.com/ja/en/bc/SBC ... spid=25198

04MudFlapShockProtector_d.jpg

or it could have been any of many self moded ones.

DSC01010_inline.JPG
    DSC09474_inline.JPG
    pbpic1265673_inline.jpg
    DSC01124.jpg

And a bit more info in your post would have been an idea.

like was it an HT? was it a fully? how did it look attached?

there are many products out there and many ingenious people.

pedantic and unneeded? maybe but if people want help from anyone a clue is always good.

And like i said a lot of the bike companies do their own. also if you were/are wanting to find one for your bike that info might be good as someone may have the solution you want.

then people would have an idea as to what you saw and would know if they had seen something similar.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • BigJimmyB
    Thanks Razer and Nick.

Apols for any vaguery (sp?) on my part.
  • Well...
    That wasn't very nice was it? haha

I was just looking for small mudguards and came across this thread.

You two should be ashamed ha, he was only after a bit of help
  • Well...

So if I come on here and ask, I saw a red bike yesterday. what was it? Are you able to answer? Obviously not. No reason to be ashamed of saying how the fark would we know what you saw.
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    Well...

So if I come on here and ask, I saw a red bike yesterday. what was it? Are you able to answer? Obviously not. No reason to be ashamed of saying how the fark would we know what you saw.

It was a spesh S Works :lol:

I saw some black spoke nipples on a bike that I really liked today, anyone tell me what make they were? :wink:
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    MTG-ThreadNecromancer_3198.jpg
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Philz0r
    Philz0r Posts: 56
    the small "beek" ones on pictures 2 and 4 of nicks post, what are they?
    t00t