Best chrimbo prezzie for around a tenner?

Ph!l_GeeWhizz
Ph!l_GeeWhizz Posts: 28
edited November 2009 in The bottom bracket
So, my bro asked what i wanted for chrimbo and i dont have a clue. Theres lots i want but as i've only spent a tenner on him, i feel it only fair he spends the same on me.
So what do you buy for a keen cyclist for around a tenner? I had been looking for a book about cycling around the world but not found one that takes my fancy.
Any ideas?

Comments

  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    The Rider by Tim Krabbe.

    Read it. Get motivated. Ride better.
  • i would suggest a book like Nap suggested or you can get him some supplies for nutrition :)
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    It's not for his bro, it's for him!
  • rofl.
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • Ritchey Torqkey.

    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Ritch ... 360030884/


    He'll be grateful forever.
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    Mark Beaumont's book about his rrecord breaking trip around the world is worth a read.
  • Wappygixer
    Wappygixer Posts: 1,396
    £10 gift voucher, win win situation
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    How about two fivers?
    Cycling weakly
  • geoff_ss
    geoff_ss Posts: 1,201
    How about coming to an agreement with your brother not to bother with giving each other a similarly value gift and simply buy yourself what you want when you want it?

    I gave up receiving/giving Christmas presents for adults years ago. A lot less hassle. Most gifts are things you wouldn't buy for yourself simply because you don't want them. All it does is generate waste.

    Geoff
    Old cyclists never die; they just fit smaller chainrings ... and pedal faster
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Geoff_SS wrote:
    How about coming to an agreement with your brother not to bother with giving each other a similarly value gift and simply buy yourself what you want when you want it?

    I gave up receiving/giving Christmas presents for adults years ago. A lot less hassle. Most gifts are things you wouldn't buy for yourself simply because you don't want them. All it does is generate waste.

    Geoff

    How about ignoring this dribble.
    If you're really stuck, a gift voucher (as previously mentioned) is an acceptable cop out, but please, don't let go of the spirit of Christmas... :evil:
    :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Lottery tickets :)
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • geoff_ss
    geoff_ss Posts: 1,201
    hopper1 wrote:
    Geoff_SS wrote:
    How about coming to an agreement with your brother not to bother with giving each other a similarly value gift and simply buy yourself what you want when you want it?

    I gave up receiving/giving Christmas presents for adults years ago. A lot less hassle. Most gifts are things you wouldn't buy for yourself simply because you don't want them. All it does is generate waste.

    Geoff

    How about ignoring this dribble.
    If you're really stuck, a gift voucher (as previously mentioned) is an acceptable cop out, but please, don't let go of the spirit of Christmas... :evil:
    :wink:

    Which is?

    If I were religious, which I'm not, I'd despair at the supposed 'spirit of Christmas'. As it is I do my best to ignore most of it. Except, of course, to stir up Christmas threads :lol:

    Geoff
    Old cyclists never die; they just fit smaller chainrings ... and pedal faster
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    Geoff_SS wrote:
    hopper1 wrote:
    Geoff_SS wrote:
    How about coming to an agreement with your brother not to bother with giving each other a similarly value gift and simply buy yourself what you want when you want it?

    I gave up receiving/giving Christmas presents for adults years ago. A lot less hassle. Most gifts are things you wouldn't buy for yourself simply because you don't want them. All it does is generate waste.

    Geoff

    How about ignoring this dribble.
    If you're really stuck, a gift voucher (as previously mentioned) is an acceptable cop out, but please, don't let go of the spirit of Christmas... :evil:
    :wink:

    Which is?

    If I were religious, which I'm not, I'd despair at the supposed 'spirit of Christmas'. As it is I do my best to ignore most of it. Except, of course, to stir up Christmas threads :lol:

    Geoff

    Hmmm.... A bit like me and Campy, I mean Camp........

    Fcuk it :wink:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • Not eally religous myself but there's something special about christmas. I'd be lying if i said i didnt enjoy the prezzies!! But really for me its all about the food, booze, family and friends. i love it.
    Back on topic, is that mark beaumont the guy doing the "ride the america's" at mo? Will have a look for his book.
  • a buff is £10 well spent.
    If suffer we must, let's suffer on the heights. (Victor Hugo).