Lars Michaelsen

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited November 2009 in Pro race
According to reports in Danish media he's been let go by Saxo Bank. They seem to be having a bit of a clear out of management. well, ok, 2 people...

Another DS for Sky then?
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Who he, Iain?

Sexy Bank not quite able to balance the books, I presume.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Have to admit my only knowledge of the guy is his rather unfortunate mechanical in Paris-Roubaix a couple of years ago - it was his last race.

I think he's the CSC rider who goes down at 1:10 in this trailer for Road To Roubaix:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buQGibzq8Sg
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    won ghent-v early career at festina then faded drifting around various teams never really furfilled on spectacular promise... minor comeback at csc/ (saxo) as a super domestique
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Bernie S
    Bernie S Posts: 118
    Second to Conor Henry in the Milk Race years ago...whatever happened to Conor Henry...
  • SpaceJunk
    SpaceJunk Posts: 1,157
    Isn't he in Metallica?
  • Bernie S wrote:
    Second to Conor Henry in the Milk Race years ago...whatever happened to Conor Henry...

conor henry , heard a few good stories abut him. like the one where he had to jump from a second story window to escape a enraged drunken team manager as his amatuer team was'nt doing too well in a stage race. think he headed for the sunshine in california after that...

ps... had a great looking younger sister too!! :D
  • Bernie S
    Bernie S Posts: 118
    Was a stagiare at TVM but never took him on apparently
  • dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    SpaceJunk wrote:
    Isn't he in Metallica?

No that's Jan Ullrich :lol:
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • Conor did go to the USA after the TVM stagiare didn't pan out and then the incident with the team manager - although I heard a slightly different version! He lived there for a few years before returning to Ireland.
    After being off the bike the whole time is was in the US he decided to try make the team for the Commonwealth Games in Kuala Lumpur (98).
    Despite some early reluctance to embrace the cycling lifestyle again he made the team and was one of the strongest men in the race. Apparently Stuart O'Grady had been ordered to shadow Conor as a danger man...
    He has since moved to England and over the years there has been some talk of another comeback but I can't be sure how serious this is as the last time I saw him was at a friends wedding and we were both 'under the weather'!
    As a point of interest Conor and Lars were great friends and rode together on the same amatuer team the year he won the Milk Race. Apparently they still keep in touch.
    I also remember that Lars was going to be DQd from a stage win in the Milk Race cos he put his hands in the air to celebrate - his excuse was a 'back spasm' that forced his hands up! Priceless.
    And the last I heard his younger sister is living in Australia!
  • deal
    deal Posts: 857
    any pictures of this much talked about younger sister ? :lol:
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    He was a top 10 in the World Championships a few years ago. I think it was in the year
    that Oskar Camanzind won (Someone check please).