Flanders sportive registrations now open!

blim
blim Posts: 333

Comments

• TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    Just about to sign up.

Where is best to stay? Was looking at Brugge, but seems there's no easy way back
    after the ride. Are there buses/trains to other large towns. Gent etc?

Want to do the long route, but 2 or 3 hours getting back after could be a bit much.

thanks
    exercise.png
  • blim
    blim Posts: 333
    I plumped for going with Graham Baxter in the end so don't have to worry, but before i decided to do so, I checked out the logistics. Belgian trains seem to be fast and frequent (not a very big country anyway) and run from very early, so Gent (or closer) I suspect is probably a good base. Apparently Ninove doesn't have much accommodation and it's all booked up ages in advance anyway, but if you're near there, you could get the shuttle bus to Bruges/Brugge for the start. Means less of a drag to get home if you're staying near the finish.

Plenty other people on the forum have done it themselves, and may offer better tried-and-tested solutions for you.

Good luck!
    kop van de wedstrijd
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    TheStone wrote:
    Just about to sign up.

Where is best to stay? Was looking at Brugge, but seems there's no easy way back
    after the ride. Are there buses/trains to other large towns. Gent etc?

Want to do the long route, but 2 or 3 hours getting back after could be a bit much.

thanks

I think there's n early morning a bus from Ninove (finish line) to the start of the long route. So, you could stay near Ninove no problem. Ninove's only 10 miles along the canal path to Geraardsbergen, which is where they go up through the town to the Muur-Kapelmuur (sp.?), the penultimate climb where attacks are often made - it's about 15km from the end. There's a brilliant atmosphere on the Muur. Try for accommodation in G'bergen too.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • TOUR OF FLANDERS CYCLOSPORTIVE RONDEZVOUS

FACEBOOK PAGE

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TOUR-OF-F ... 183?v=wall