dirty at heart

loamy
loamy Posts: 154
edited November 2009 in MTB general
As most of you havnt most likely noticed the vast majority of engand has been rained on rather a lot recently. I realised this to its full extent as i was sliding sideways round a corner, over slippy roots with a porridge like coating over most of myself, including hair and face. all of this of course was the result of mud.

this was the first ride i had had in a while and i didnt realise why i had decided to stay in all those other times, untill i got home that is and showed the result of this whole affair to my mum (yes im still young enough to live with my mummy). there is now a thin coating of my local woods over most of my bathroom and patio, she wasnt happy atall.

so after learning my lesson and pretending to look concerned about the mess for a while i phoned the guys and organised a nice night ride for wednesday.

the only thing thats changed between now and the days when i used to roll around in the mud and dig with my hands in the garden is that now i am also getting an expenive piece of machinery incredibly muddy too, even though i was told off so many times for playing in the mud i still dont think im quite ready to actually learn my lesson yet, i still have an imature enjoyment for getting completly covered in mud and rain.

is anyoneelse going to admit this or have i now just made myself look like a right fool?

Comments

• i went out today and got coverd and i loved it. hell i even took the mudguards off my new bike as they looked gay, but after coming home smotherd in mud i come to the conclusion i looked even more gay so they are going back on.
  • i went out and got covered it mud today for the first time in years. it was awesome. i also got moaned at for making the bathroom look like the woods. cant wait to get out again next weekend and do it all over again. even though i was wet through and couldnt see my shins for mud it was great.
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    How can you look gay covered in mud.

Its super manly :lol:
  • wet muddy trails are a blast I always think winter is much more fun.

for years I've favoured mud and have winter/mud tires fitted for wet woods/bog snorkling...
  • mellex
    mellex Posts: 214
    I love the looks I get from the local roadies sitting in the cafes as I head home :lol:

Plus, some of us have wives/girlfriends who think nothing of spending a weekend with their friends paying good money to get covered head-to-foot in mud at places I believe they call a 'Beauty Spa'... That is lost on me.
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    i went out on saturday and got caked in mud and instead of going home afterwards i went straight to the pub :D

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • Kiblams
    Kiblams Posts: 2,423
    Hercule Q wrote:
    i went out on saturday and got caked in mud and instead of going home afterwards i went straight to the pub :D

Bet the landlord thanked you for that :wink:

I don't mind going out in any weather as long as the wind isn't too bad. Mud can be awesome fun, though I do end up getting quite alot on my teeth. mmmMMMmm crunchy... :?
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    he rides mx and was out playing in the mud aswell :lol: and my missus works behind the bar

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • car.crash wrote:
    i went out today and got coverd and i loved it. hell i even took the mudguards off my new bike as they looked gay, but after coming home smotherd in mud i come to the conclusion i looked even more gay so they are going back on.

No. Mudguards are gay. What's wrong with getting covered in mud? It looks cool...everyone knows your a serious rider..
  • Bignige
    Bignige Posts: 223
    Just wanna say thanks to the landlady at the Royal Oak at Holmbury St Mary for letting me enjoy my Ham, Egg and Chips in her fine pub on Thursday night covered in most of Holbury Hills finest super smelly mud!!
    Ride it like you stole it.........Yeah Baby!!!

2008 Spesh Enduro SL Expert
    2010 Fuji Roubaix 1.0 Ltd Edition
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Letting my daughter hose me down in the garden was fun, she didnt really understand why daddy was so muddy but she enjoyed using the hose,
    My car on the other hand is very dirty in the back and my bike is still in the back now!
    cleaning the bike is much harder in the dark when you get in:(
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    bignige, hows holmbury hill with the mud at the moment? is yogurt pots living up to it's name?
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    bignige, hows holmbury hill with the mud at the moment? is yogurt pots living up to it's name?
  • Bignige
    Bignige Posts: 223
    Hi James

Seems to be draining ok at the moment, mud seems particularly smelly and gritty at the moment though !! :roll:

The start of resovoir dogs is a bit goopy and apart from the slippery roots BKB seems to be holding up as well.
    Ride it like you stole it.........Yeah Baby!!!

2008 Spesh Enduro SL Expert
    2010 Fuji Roubaix 1.0 Ltd Edition
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    benneally wrote:
    No. Mudguards are gay. What's wrong with getting covered in mud? It looks cool...everyone knows your a serious rider..

Hear hear. Witness the conversation between me and a (non-biking) mate last weekend -

Him - Been out on the bike then?

Me - No, just been standing around in the garden.

Him - You're covered in sh!t though - why don't you use mudguards?

Me - Because mudguards are gay.

See? That just proves it.
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic