Gisburn Forest Sat 21st Nov 2009 Mountain Rescue Exercise

Neil Conway
Neil Conway Posts: 2
edited November 2009 in Routes
I'd like to take this opportunity to let people know that the Bowland Pennine Mountain Rescue Team may be undertaking a training exercise in Gisburn Forest on Saturday 21st November.

The aims of the exercise are to simulate a number of possible scenarios involving mountain bikers that have got into difficulty in the forest. This may cover searching, administering first aid to the casualty and evacuating them to safety.

The exercise is being designed to minimise any impact on mountain bikers using the forest trails on the day, with access to all the newly developed sections being kept open for use.

Please bear in mind that there may be mountain rescue vehicles or team members on vehicle tracks throughout the forest.

Many thanks

Neil
Bowland Pennine Mountain Rescue Team

Comments

• stumpyjon
    stumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Have fun with the exercise. I'd like to think all mountain bikers will keep out of your way. The work you guys do is vital to our sport. Thank you.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • r3 guy
    r3 guy Posts: 229
    was there today and didnt see them but when i was driving home i saw them on the way from dusop bridge, doing something near a farmhouse?