New spangly website i'm thinking about

pheyonagh
pheyonagh Posts: 13
edited January 2010 in Women
I've come to realise over the last wee while that most mtb website are all about the boys. (well mainly). I'm a web designer with some developer mates and i'm thinking about making one just for us girls. Not taking a totally feminist angle or anything just biking from our perspective.

It would be great if you guys could mention anything you'd like to see. I've thought of some things - videos, forum (obviously), reviews, interviews, tips and tricks.

Cheers

:)

Comments

• currently building one myself, not just regarding cycling however.

to be honest, a forum? here is the biggest cycling forum and what i've found its not what people are looking for. Cycling sites are aimed at both sexes to be fair in my opinion so if its just for women perhaps a pink theme and some girly words and promotions.

You hit the nail on the head, if its for women explain and write a blog about "biking from your perspective" there's the key words.

I too have a interest in website production and interested how this will turn out. I'm self taught and done a load of read up on the Drupal CMS and its quite good if you really want the forum feature! as its intergrated.

Hope this helps.

Terry
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    To be honest i don't think we even need a Women's MTB section on Bike Radar. We need to shut the gap, not widen it!
  • nonnac85
    nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
    My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time
  • SJ
    SJ Posts: 2,871
    Shecycles (as linked above) used to have a full on female specific website up until about a year ago I think. Personally I found the reviews useful as it was women specific from a woman's POV! I think like supersonic says though, we need to close the gap rather than widen it.

Most message boards have a ladies section already anyway and this is one of the few that actually has regular topics and replies. The majority of ladies seem to just post in with the guys and don't really want to be set apart.
    a dirtbag of the most delightful variety
  • Women's cycling website www.BikeEnvy.co.uk is launching this December - a new online magazine for women riders who want the latest information about what to wear and ride, and how to get the most out of their riding experience. Packed full of reviews and product information for mountain bikers, track and road riders and everything in between too. Plus news from around the globe, race reports, health and fitness tips, great rides and social events, plus a community driven forum.
    Bex
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I like the fact that this website has a womens section and think the womens websites are good ideas. I like to read things aimed at both sex's but also sometimes it's nice to be able to go straight to information aimed more at women. Women specific fit bike reviews, kit, other issues from a fellow girls perspective. And just to have a chat amongst ourselves. Some women like to ride with the boys, others like the change of female company and in a male dominated area like it usually is, its easier to find other females on a female site or section.