Bianchi Cameleonte III - likely stolen - posted on gumtree

joM
joM Posts: 2
edited November 2009 in Road stolen
I just viewed this bicycle posted on gumtree - 2009 Bianchi Cameleonte III, something like a 54cm frame. Looks like it was stolen, so I walked.

It is in new condition, though looks like they have stored it outside for a while, so it has some rusting. The real giveaway on this "gift" bicycle was when I checked out the contents of the saddle bag. Clearly not a novices kit, as he claimed to be, though clearly a novice thief for leaving that on there. Items inside were well-used.

If you or someone you know in the London area has had this bicycle stolen in the last several months you might call "Antonio" on 075 3501 8129 and arrange a meet up.

You won't find it on gumtree anymore, as I reported it and they removed the posts.

Hope this leads to a happy return.

Comments

• dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    joM wrote:
    I just viewed this bicycle posted on gumtree - 2009 Bianchi Cameleonte III, something like a 54cm frame. Looks like it was stolen, so I walked.

It is in new condition, though looks like they have stored it outside for a while, so it has some rusting. The real giveaway on this "gift" bicycle was when I checked out the contents of the saddle bag. Clearly not a novices kit, as he claimed to be, though clearly a novice thief for leaving that on there. Items inside were well-used.

If you or someone you know in the London area has had this bicycle stolen in the last several months you might call "Antonio" on 075 3501 8129 and arrange a meet up.

You won't find it on gumtree anymore, as I reported it and they removed the posts.

Hope this leads to a happy return.

It's not my bike but a few more details might be of help like frame colour, any distinguishing marks, tyres, etc. What's it going to look like if some one calls this number now when the bike isn't even advertised for sale or if they work out, which they will, that their ad on gumtree has been taken down? The bike will then disappear for a bit longer.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    Who not contact the police to see if there's been one reported stolen?
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos