Has LA deleted you yet?

dave_1
dave_1 Posts: 9,512
edited November 2009 in Pro race
Am still on LA's followers list...out of curiosity, how many of you have come to his attention or his helpers attention... and been deleted from his list of followers for asking/saying thr wrong things?

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I have. I didn't say anything though, just had an exchange with Ed Pickering.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • For some reason I now have

"do you wanna be in my gang, my gang, my gang..."

going round my head
  • wicked
    wicked Posts: 844
    No I deleted him. Felt good :D
    It’s the most beautiful sport in the world but it’s governed by ***ts who have turned it into a crock of ****.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Well, seeing as how I'm old and technically inept - "What the h*ll are you guys talking about"? Followers list????? Are you serious???? :? :? :?
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,481
    They are talking about Twitter, Dennis. It's a new fangled internet thing.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    dennisn wrote:
    Well, seeing as how I'm old and technically inept - "What the h*ll are you guys talking about"? Followers list????? Are you serious???? :? :? :?

It's all about twitter. And seriously, don't bother taking things any further than that. It really, really is not worth it.
  • iainf72
    And Lance uses it to communicate with that world.

I'm amazed he could be bothered to ban people - He's got a million followers or something.
  • iain_j
    iain_j Posts: 1,941
    I followed him briefly. Then got bored of reading who he was having dinner with each night or which VIP he was meeting with every day.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    http://twitter.com/afx237vi/status/1827289229 :wink:

Seconding what johnfinch says. I still don't understand the point of it.

If you want to chat amongst your friends, use email or Facebook or IM. If you want to update fans with news, use a website with a RSS feed.
  • dennisn
    iainf72 wrote:

I'm amazed he could be bothered to ban people - He's got a million followers or something.

Once again, technically inept me. Is it really called a "followers list" or something to that effect?????
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    afx237vi wrote:
    :wink:

If you want to chat amongst your friends, use email or Facebook or IM. If you want to update fans with news, use a website with a RSS feed.

I think he uses it to wind people up with a great amount of success i have to say, becuase for the most part its banal crap yet still it get folks wound up ............quite amusing really.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • moray_gub
    afx237vi wrote:

Or if you want to use Twitter do so...........
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Moray Gub wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Or if you want to use Twitter do so...........

Sure, I know it's more convenient to write an on-the-fly Tweet than update a blog or whatever, but looking at it from cycling fans POV, wouldn't people rather read a proper well-planned diary entry from Michael Barry or David Millar than find out what Steven de Jongh is having for dinner?

Twitter has it's place, but it seems to me that the constant drip-feed of pointless information is actually replacing substantive content.
  • Moray uses this forum in much the same way. Spends a LOT of time at it too.
    Dan
  • iainf72
    dennisn wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Once again, technically inept me. Is it really called a "followers list" or something to that effect?????

You're followed and "follow" on Twitter. So you can check who's following you. And block them if you want to.
  • dennisn
    iainf72 wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

You're followed and "follow" on Twitter. So you can check who's following you. And block them if you want to.

Guess I've got to get out more. I'm missing everything(or maybe not). :wink:
  • guv001
    guv001 Posts: 688
    i can't even find him on it, I have not used it before by the way. Does anyone have a link to his page?
  • dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • moray_gub
    Moray uses this forum in much the same way. Spends a LOT of time at it too.

says the guy with 2000 odd posts :lol:
  • Come on darlings, Twitter is soooo last week!
    Let's close our eyes and see what happens
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Yep, I've been blocked by Lance, and I wasn't even following him. It will have been based on two tweets to Ed Pickering about him getting blocked by LA and JB.

And they say the man leads a busy life...
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • dave_1
    what did Ed Pickering do to upset Lance? at least you can say u are on the blacklist!...maybe even a picture taken? :wink:
  • dave_1
    whilst twitter is banal , you can challenge what people say..e.g. get locked out., though you can let your friends list know what you think...so it is not all 1 way communication...people can make fools of themselves and it is seen...I bet you would not wish to be back twenty years ago where we/you were entirely dependent on the rider's journalist/friendly media to give explanation from the riders viewpoint and the rider/team go unchallenged perhaps? No attack on journos here though. e.g. PDM would never have lasted into 1992 with today's media, nor I suspect would Festina...there name would be dirt in 5 minutes. they'd be gone like T mobile, like Gerolsteiner, Liberty..., Saunier

re online coverage...I like some of cycling journos writing, but I know one or two, and treat their words on the same level as people on here-you're as qualified as them...
  • iainf72
    Dave_1 wrote:
    what did Ed Pickering do to upset Lance? at least you can say u are on the blacklist!...maybe even a picture taken? :wink:

He interviewed him and wrote published the results.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... rview.html