Outstanding Service from Schwalbe

cat_with_no_tail
cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
edited November 2009 in MTB general
I have some old Schwalbe tyres that I was fitting to the DH bike at the weekend. A Muddy Mary and an Al Mighty. Both the 2008 Wire Bead version in Gooey gluey compound.

Was doing some reading up on them and discovered that Schwalbe actually issued a recall on these tyres back in Nov 08 due to a potential issue with the bead seperating.

I fired off an email to their support expecting some generic response about how the recall has now ended and how I'm stuck with them (it was over a year ago after all).

Instead, I receive an email back telling me that I should get some photos of the batch IDs and forward them to Schwalbe. Upon receipt, they will send me 2 of the new improved versions of each tyre at no cost. :shock:

I now have 4 brand new tyres on the way, plus I still have the virtually unused set they are replacing (which will of course be put in the bin at the first opportunity, honest).

Oh by the way, the tyres themselves are outstanding, although Mary is a very tall lass.

Comments

• llamafarmer
    llamafarmer Posts: 1,893
    Nice one Schwalbe, I will now continue to use your Racing Ralphs. Great success!
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    I've heard a couple of similar stories about Schwalbe customer service - they seem very impressive.

If only this was the norm rather than the exception!
  • colintrav
    colintrav Posts: 1,074
    I have some old Schwalbe tyres that I was fitting to the DH bike at the weekend. A Muddy Mary and an Al Mighty. Both the 2008 Wire Bead version in Gooey gluey compound.

Was doing some reading up on them and discovered that Schwalbe actually issued a recall on these tyres back in Nov 08 due to a potential issue with the bead seperating.

I fired off an email to their support expecting some generic response about how the recall has now ended and how I'm stuck with them (it was over a year ago after all).

Instead, I receive an email back telling me that I should get some photos of the batch IDs and forward them to Schwalbe. Upon receipt, they will send me 2 of the new improved versions of each tyre at no cost. :shock:

I now have 4 brand new tyres on the way, plus I still have the virtually unused set they are replacing (which will of course be put in the bin at the first opportunity, honest).

Oh by the way, the tyres themselves are outstanding, although Mary is a very tall lass.

Did you happen to send em a further email with a prospect of more free goodies in return ...for your such outstanding praise

That will be the day
  • _Ferret_
    _Ferret_ Posts: 660
    same happened to my mate with his Marys. He buys quite a few tyres anyway and now has a whole bunch of Muddy Marys and doesn't know what to do with them.
    Not really active