Specialized Pitch

fishcake
fishcake Posts: 107
edited November 2009 in MTB general
Morning

I have a 2008 Pitch which I got new in Nov 2007.
Recently I got a Scott Sub 30 commuter bike to ride to work and a do bit of road training over winter, I have been riding it quite a lot and it is a very nice bike to ride and I am very happy with it. Due to this I have been neglecting the Pitch

Went out on the Pitch last night (did an 18 mile night ride),and I just wanted to say WOW its such an awesome bike and I fooking love it. It climbs really well and goes down hill even better. Don't get me wrong I did know this, but riding the Scott so much made it slip my mind

Sorry for this pointless post but just felt I needed to say the Pitch is a damn good bike and if you get the chance to ride one or even buy one, take it.

:D
You can never have too many bikes!

Comments

• i want one but i'm unsure of the sizing.Specialized don't seem to have any test bikes for the pitch :(
  • fishcake
    fishcake Posts: 107
    I'm 5'8" and my Pitch is a medium and is perfect for me, if that helps.
    You can never have too many bikes!
  • Rich25
    Rich25 Posts: 231
    I'm 6 foot and I went for a large. It is quite a big bike but seems to fit me well.I must get out on mine far more too!
  • fishcake wrote:
    Went out on the Pitch last night (did an 18 mile night ride),and I just wanted to say WOW its such an awesome bike and I fooking love it. It climbs really well and goes down hill even better. Don't get me wrong I did know this, but riding the Scott so much made it slip my mind
    :D

Fishcake, I totally understand. I have a fully fixed old marin nail trail that I use as a commuting/pub/shopping/kid-towing bike and so in teh alst few weeks have been spending most of my time on it. :(

Then I swung my leg back over my Stumpy FSR for a decent tour (not as nails as your pitch, but not bad!) and the sheer comfort of the riding postion, the 'fully suspended' feeling, the ability to nail anything that my pathetic skills allow, blast and jump down rooty forest trails.... ahhh, wonderful! :D