Turbospoke - discuss...

slimboyjim
slimboyjim Posts: 367
edited November 2009 in MTB general
Described as making your bike look and sound like a motorbike :shock: , I can't think of anything that would make me look more stupid or sound more annoying...

http://www.turbospoke.com/

I don't know whether to laugh or cry... :?

James

Comments

• Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Wow! this is like when you were a nipper and used to peg pieces of cardboard to your spokes, I'm ordering one for each side, tuning it so it sounds like an F16 then scaring the bejesus out of some ramblers....
    :lol:
    Or possibly not
  • myopic
    myopic Posts: 692
    Look like an upgrade of something we used to do as kids: fix the stick from an ice lolly or a plastic card to the seat stays so the spokes whack it as they go round. Never thought of adding anything to amplify the noise, though.

Think I had grown out of the notion it was cool by the time I was 9 or 10.....
    You don't need eyes to see, you need vision
  • I suppose for kids it's a laugh and cool, I used to get a coke can, smack my front tyre into it hard so it enveloepd the tyre, rotate the wheel so the can was behind the forks and ride, sounded awesome, that was before expensive bikes/paintjobs/carbon and £30 for a tyre though..... :lol:

And I was only 11
  • _Ferret_
    _Ferret_ Posts: 660
    "Caution, this product is awsome!"

says it all doesn't it.
    Not really active
  • Uhm.. :shock: why?
    Now if you're aged 4-11 it is awesome. Thereafter it slides into the "uberlame" category
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    "I suppose for kids it's a laugh and cool, I used to get a coke can, smack my front tyre into it hard so it enveloepd the tyre, rotate the wheel so the can was behind the forks and ride, sounded awesome"
    i did that when i was 10 or 11, but got bored in 20 minutes
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    "I suppose for kids it's a laugh and cool, I used to get a coke can, smack my front tyre into it hard so it enveloepd the tyre, rotate the wheel so the can was behind the forks and ride, sounded awesome"
    i did that when i was 10 or 11, but got bored in 20 minutes
  • Legless
    Legless Posts: 119
    That's a pretty odd bit of kit, no doubt a craze kids will pick up on, but those in the know will avoid. Would love to see it smashed out of the Dragons Den...
  • did any other scottish people use Quenchy cups for the same purpose?

Much cheaper and more authentic. Not bad for 10p!
  • Shire
    Shire Posts: 59
    yoohoo999 wrote:
    did any other scottish people use Quenchy cups for the same purpose?

Much cheaper and more authentic. Not bad for 10p!

Ehhhh yes....

That takes me back!

Sounded awesome on my second hand Chopper....

Kinda grew out of it by the time I'd got my racer with the 'cow' handlebars though.....
  • ha ha! i had cow bars on my Activator II. 8)

I honeslty thought I was the dogs testicals!
  • Shire
    Shire Posts: 59
    yoohoo999 wrote:
    ha ha! i had cow bars on my Activator II. 8)

I honeslty thought I was the dogs testicals!

Aye, same here, bought some mega wide maga low rise cows from a mate, fitted them and thought they were the dogs haw haws....

Within an hour of fitting them whilst going down some steps at the end of our road, went arse over tit.

Not so bad I though, until I realised that the metal padals had ripped a 4 inch slit in my shin which was gaping open so you could see the shin bone...

I remember my mum's comment to this day, no "are you all right son", or anything like that but......"Why do you always do these things when your Dad's backshift!"

Happy days! :lol: