Paris Roubaix sportive 2010

Is it possible to do the Paris Roubaix 2010 sportive without going through an organised tour? If so what is the internet link etc? Thanks

Comments

• Thanks for the internet site :D
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    details have just been released see here

am tempted but none of my mates want to do it

http://www.vc-roubaix-cyclo.fr/site/ind ... 90d1151726
  • Just looked into doing this race, but if you choose to ride the 255km route, the shuttle bus that drops you at the start (in Cambronne) departs from Roubaix at 2am!
  • le_patron
    le_patron Posts: 494
    I did that in 2006. It's an early bus, but all works fine.

You need lights as the first hour or so will be in the dark, quite eerie riding through strange forests in a bunch with LED's blinking away. Just hope you don't get a P.
  • The entry form says "cyclists must wear a safety vest to travel by night."

"The vest, if possible colored neon, shall include reflective strips on the back and front."

Any idea how strict this is? Would a regular gilet with basic reflective trim do or are they after more of a tabard style hi-viz vest?

"The vest, if possible colored neon, shall include reflective strips on the back and front."

Any idea how strict this is? Would a regular gilet with basic reflective trim do or are they after more of a tabard style hi-viz vest?

Not very strict at all - its more of a legal disclaimer than anything. I used lights last time but there were plenty that didn't. Nobody checks these things, its down to you.
    \'You Come At the King,You Best Not Miss\'

legally since the 30th of july 2008 it is compulsory to wear a hi-viz vest at night outside of town centers. You could be fined 22 euros for not wearing one
  • mattybeck
    mattybeck Posts: 135
    I'm thinking of giving the medium distance a go, taking my car and camping.
    Might there be on the morning spaces on the buses to the start or transport on the afternoon of finishing back to the start towns (with bikes)?