Seat Post Specialized
Seat Clamp Specialized
Saddle Specialized P1
Bottle cage Specialized

Kindly comments for improvements :)

Comments

• jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    really nice bike mate. change anything that dosn't work first. but if i had to change one thing it would be the rear shock to something like the fox rp23
  • jay12 wrote:
    really nice bike mate. change anything that dosn't work first. but if i had to change one thing it would be the rear shock to something like the fox rp23

replacing rearshock also first thing that comes to my mind :lol:
    thanks, jay :wink:
  • Thats nice :D See, why can't specialized do all their ranges in a choice of colours. I'd have liked red :(
    2010 Specialized FSR XC Pro - XTR group set
    2013 Boardman Team Carbon - Std, for now ;)
  • wondering size of this x-fusion 02rla (7").
    is there any fox/rockshox within this size at the market :?
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Red ones are always faster :D
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • stubs
    slam-dunk wrote:
    wondering size of this x-fusion 02rla (7").

Before you buy a new shock you need to know the eye to eye length and the travel length the Specialized webby might have dimensions

To measure eye to eye length I have found it easier to unbolt shock from frame makes it easier to measure the length. Centre of eye to centre of eye.

To measure travel let all the air out put a zip tie round shaft and compress then completely extend the shock the travel is from the seal lip to zip tie when completely extended( often the zip tie is pushed off end of shaft)

Just had a look on chain reaction site and 7 inch (178mm ) doesnt seem to be available common sizes seem to be 165mm or 190mm
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • stubs wrote:
    slam-dunk wrote:

Before you buy a new shock you need to know the eye to eye length and the travel length the Specialized webby might have dimensions

To measure eye to eye length I have found it easier to unbolt shock from frame makes it easier to measure the length. Centre of eye to centre of eye.

To measure travel let all the air out put a zip tie round shaft and compress then completely extend the shock the travel is from the seal lip to zip tie when completely extended( often the zip tie is pushed off end of shaft)

Just had a look on chain reaction site and 7 inch (178mm ) doesnt seem to be available common sizes seem to be 165mm or 190mm

It is 7" (178mm) indeed.
    Yup, quite difficult to find such size out there.
    But, there's Fox Triad (as used by the PRO) which have 7" as well.
    Still not so easy to find.
  • Additional pics from the trail.

p1000187fb.jpg
    p1000185z.jpg
    p1000186k.jpg

8)
  • stubs
    Thats far too clean it needs to be a lot dirtier than that to be a real mountain bike

My bike at the moment is in the shed looking like I have just dredged it out of a slurry pit. Dont you just love wet and windy winter :(
  • New Year upgrade :lol:

p1000674b.jpg

p1000678v.jpg

p1000682l.jpg

- Crankset XT
    - Brakeset XT
    - Shifter XT
    - Wheelset DT Swiss E2200
    - Kenda Nevegal 2.10
    - Fox Float 140 RL
    - Odi Ruffian Grip

Still cannot find rear shock Fox Triad.
  • bike looks mint mate love the colour scheme :D

one thing though ...... how are you doing the david blane style bike standing on its own thing in your last few pics ??????? :?

or am i being a propper dumb ass and missing somthing obvious :oops:
  • Cheshley
    Cheshley Posts: 1,448
    slam-dunk wrote:
    stubs wrote:
    slam-dunk wrote:

It is 7" (178mm) indeed.
    Yup, quite difficult to find such size out there.
    But, there's Fox Triad (as used by the PRO) which have 7" as well.
    Still not so easy to find.

TF Tuned will do a custom RP23 if you contact them directly.
    1998 Marin Hawk Hill
    2008 Specialized FSR XC Comp
    2008 Scott Speedster S30 FB

SLOW RIDES FOR UNFIT PEOPLE - Find us on Facebook or in the MTB Rides section of this forum.
  • road_donut wrote:
    bike looks mint mate love the colour scheme :D

one thing though ...... how are you doing the david blane style bike standing on its own thing in your last few pics ??????? :?

just take a closer look on the last three pics, especially on the 1st.
    as you can see, there's a tiny bough at the left swing arm, attached to the ground :lol:
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    damn it i was the only person with red rims for all of a week :(:lol: nice bike dude, never really been a fan of spesh's but that does look ace :D
  • slam-dunk wrote:
    road_donut wrote:
    bike looks mint mate love the colour scheme :D

just take a closer look on the last three pics, especially on the 1st.
    as you can see, there's a tiny bough at the left swing arm, attached to the ground :lol:

ahhhh i see ... told you i would be missing somthing lol :oops:
  • Super nice bike. Have the FSR XC Comp myself. Was wanting the 120 mil travel fork as well. My only concern though was the additional travel compromising the integrity of the head and down tube junction. The bike manual states not to do this. Have you had any trouble from the added travel? Really nice bike though. Would like to gear mine up in the same way you have. Would very much appreciate your response and your experiences riding your bike set up like this. Thanks.