im not a roadie, but....

joshtp
joshtp Posts: 3,966
edited November 2009 in MTB general
I want some lycra, to go under my baggies, i think the exra warmth provided could be a good thing! my knees keep getting cold! so, what are the best 3/4 length lycra shorts, for as little money as pos, tesco sell shorts for £7 wich is good, but i really want something that will cover my knees. under £15 would be good if possible. Padding would be nice as well, as im going to ride CYB in decembre, ans i only have a HT, and i hear its a bit of a bum beater.
I like bikes and stuff

Comments

• Worth paying a bit more,for something thats so fundamental to your comfort on the bike.
    I have some DHB Merston bib tights which were £35 ad have been great.
    They do a 3/4 version,too.
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • drabfurs
    drabfurs Posts: 188
    I ordered these yesterday on advice from others on this forum. Plan to wear them under my baggies. They are pretty cheap

http://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-padded-cycling-pants-mens-636019
  • joshtp
    drabfurs wrote:
    I ordered these yesterday on advice from others on this forum. Plan to wear them under my baggies. They are pretty cheap

http://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-padded-cycling-pants-mens-636019
    yeah, not too keen on the whole full length thing..... what about the DHB earnly ones on wiggle for £13? theyr not 3/4's but....
    I like bikes and stuff
  • _Ferret_
    _Ferret_ Posts: 660
    what about getting some knee pads to keep your knees warm in the winter - that's what I've started doing. I wear my Kyle straits on all rides now..
    Not really active
  • Would knee warmers not do the trick?
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • First post!!

How about these - could be perfect, full inner, full length, I bought them a couple of weeks ago at JE James:

http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/pant-lin ... 53404.html

just what you'e looking for, down from £45 to £15!!!!

Spirrus
  • _Ferret_ wrote:
    what about getting some knee pads to keep your knees warm in the winter - that's what I've started doing. I wear my Kyle straits on all rides now..

I agree with this, although I also have some full length lycra for when it gets full on winter.
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • joshtp
    hmm, some of these full length ones look good, although, im a bit vain and dont really want the wet suit look when im on the bike! as for knee pads, well, i already wear fox standard knee's, but they dont wrap the knee, and i want something for me thighs too, and some pading!
    I like bikes and stuff
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    The DHB £13 ones are fine, I've got a pair and had no problems.

There were some blue 3/4 bib tights on Wiggle going fairly cheap too. But other than a Sports Direct bargain you'll struggle to get 3/4 for £15.

I've also got 3/4 Endura tights, and the liner that came with my Humvees, but I quite like wearing my kneepads for warmth. Especially now most of my riding is in the dark, so no-one can see me doing tame farm track/towpath riding with kneepads on :oops:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • mozzy10
    mozzy10 Posts: 179
    i have the DHB merston in 3/4 length from wiggle. For cheap lycra bibs they're great and you don't even notice them while riding. Its just like being naked, but warmer.
    It\'s not your aptitude but your attitude that determins your altitude
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Worth paying a bit more,for something thats so fundamental to your comfort on the bike.
    I have some DHB Merston bib tights which were £35 ad have been great.
    They do a 3/4 version,too.

I have two pairs of they're 3/4 bib shorts which II commute in and have raced XC in during the nice 'summer' weather we had this year. Can't fault them.
  • joshtp
    hmmm, well, its either a trip down to my local sports world, or DHB earnly shorts, wich arnt ideal as id like them to cover my knee
    what should i go for?
    or long, full length ones, they look a bit lame but..... they can be had cheeply, and ofer best warmth, im just not sure i will want to wear them on my local rides, which tend to feature alot of stuff around town, and in fairly public places.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Have you got a Field & Trek store near you?

I got some full length Karrimore cycling specific tights for £12 yesterday?