Regular night rides, North Bristol-Bath

theblender
theblender Posts: 201
edited May 2010 in MTB rides
Looking for people to start a regular ride, preferably Thursday evenings, every fortnight or so, from Emersons Green area of Bristol heading out towards Lansdown/Upton Cheyney etc with compulsory pub stop (Upton Inn/Swan/Rose and Crown)

7pm start, 9-11pm finish (depending on pub content!)

Anybody interested, give us a shout.

Comments

• Hi, I'm looking for a some regular weekly rides. I got lights on the way and live in North Common so on the way to Upton.

Let me know when you planning on going out.

Cheers.
  • Nice one, let us know when you get your lights, and we'll sort something out.
  • Got your lights yet?

I'm planning to go out next Thursday (Dec 10th)
  • i would be interested in that, 2nd year uni student, live in horfield during term time, down south in portsmouth during holidays, what kind of riding would you be doing, i have an Orange Patriot.
  • XC, but biased towards mucking about in bombholes etc and going for it on DH sections. The route I do has long climbs and fast, steep, rocky/rooty descents and a woodland area full of bombholes, stream crossings all sorts really. I try to make the hill climbs tarmac and the DH sections technical. You can do the ride on a single ring bike easily. I ride a Marin Attack Trail.

There is always a pub stop, beer is good.

Any day of the week is good for me, apart from Fridays.

Give us a shout if you're up for it.
  • Sorry for taking for ever, but at last have lights (they were stuck in customs)

Up for a ride tomorrow night 22nd ?

• Can't make it...loads of christmas stuff to sort over the next few days, then I'm away from the area for a while, I'll be ready to burn off the christmas exess from the New Year onwards. ....gutted really 'cos Lansdown is brilliant in the snow!

Thurs Jan 7th ok?
  • No worries - was short notice.

Definately on for the 7th. Where do you want to meet up ? RobbyGraham up for it too ??

In case I get the chance to ride off some mince pies, what route do you recomend up towards Upton/Landsdonw way ?

Cheers,

Dean.
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    Did you guys ever hook up for a ride ?
  • Not yet!! combination of flu, christmas/new year commitments and duff weather put paid to that.

I'm better now though, so can do this thursday, as long as people let me know by wedsnesday morning.

7pm outside the Upton Inn?
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    theblender wrote:
    Not yet!! combination of flu, christmas/new year commitments and duff weather put paid to that.

I'm better now though, so can do this thursday, as long as people let me know by wedsnesday morning.

7pm outside the Upton Inn?

I am up for a group ride, but cannot do this week at all. I may be able to do next, I will keep an eye on this thread and drop you a line. I work til around 6 on an evening, but should in theory be able to get there around 7 ish. Your route sounds great....

Ps - worked out you work at Zero G. Great shop - have bought loads from you guys over the recent years and bloody loads in the last 3 months!

Pete.
  • Cheers for the compliment on the shop, we do our best to keep Brisol's (and beyond) bikers happy.

It's proving difficult to get a decent sized group of riders out for a night ride. I can't really advertise it in the shop because it automatically becomes an organised ride which would leave Zero-G liable for any accidents/injuries/damage to bikes etc which would mean I would have to get liability insurance.

Anyway let us know when you can make it, I'm flexible on times because I don't get home from work until 6 ish either.
  • Dobbs
    Dobbs Posts: 186
    Hi

Sorry to dig up an old thread. Is there any chance you could let me know the route you take please? I live near emersons and have been looking for a local loop for a while.
    Oh, and I also shop in ZeroG and I know PN from long ago. The manager tried to describe the route to me recently but I am pretty useless with spoken descriptions.
    Thanks.