rules regarding footpaths

2»

Comments

• captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    The thing is if you have been using a footpath or anywhere on a cycle without any complain or signage that specificaly does not allow cycling then it could be said that what you are using is an unrecorded right of way so make a claim that it is infact a restricted byway. As of course you and probably others are usinging for cycling :roll: . As many coucils do say that they cannot keep upto date records of every right of way or put them on the definitive map. In general terms so long as you are not causing damage of invading someones privacy use the confusion in civil law and council incompetance to you advantage. :wink:
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • bridelways, by-ways, footpaths, access land, etc... etc.... etc....

I ride them all,

I Never make a mess, never drop litter, always give way to walkers, ramblers etc.., always shut gates, I'm always polite to others..... the list goes on

Yet it amazes me how many people just want to point out that you shouldn't be on this footpath, towpath, whatever it may be...

Yes ok, you're right, i'm wrong........... but there's only me and you within a 20 mile radius......and you want to fall out with me??.........get a f**kin' life
  • colintrav
    colintrav Posts: 1,074
    Matter of the fact is nae person on here is gonna get aff yer bike and walk along a path ...

Wasting precious time if yer on yer way tae work or whatever that's the bottom line here , and how many on here have actually been seen on a path by someone and that someone has stopped you and said

Your more likely to ignore them period sling em a dingy
  • colintrav
    _Ferret_ wrote:
    colintrav wrote:

And how many times is a person going to adhear to the law when they are going to ride along it anyway ...

Police have more important issues to deal that both about some person on a bike on a path when the police are guilty themselves ...

And if they happen to out on patrol they aint going to take the long road for a short cut when in pursuit of a tea leaf are they

And anyone that thinks Police bike are light as a feather well they ain't weight a ton

Colintrav - I love your posts - I have to read them at least 3 times before I get what you're on about.
    I think I agree with you though, the only people who will have a go at you are other walkers or if you're really unlucky - the landowner.
    Technically, it's wrong and you should feel ashamed for doing it - I don't though, and ride on footpaths with care for other users, most people don't seem to mind then...

Spreken Si Deutche Herr Grubben Furher

Danke
  • _Ferret_
    _Ferret_ Posts: 660
    colintrav wrote:
    _Ferret_ wrote:
    colintrav wrote:

And how many times is a person going to adhear to the law when they are going to ride along it anyway ...

Police have more important issues to deal that both about some person on a bike on a path when the police are guilty themselves ...

And if they happen to out on patrol they aint going to take the long road for a short cut when in pursuit of a tea leaf are they

And anyone that thinks Police bike are light as a feather well they ain't weight a ton

Colintrav - I love your posts - I have to read them at least 3 times before I get what you're on about.
    I think I agree with you though, the only people who will have a go at you are other walkers or if you're really unlucky - the landowner.
    Technically, it's wrong and you should feel ashamed for doing it - I don't though, and ride on footpaths with care for other users, most people don't seem to mind then...

Danke
    :lol::lol::lol:
    I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry...
    Not really active
  • scotto
    scotto Posts: 381
    LoUiS1985 wrote:
    bridelways, by-ways, footpaths, access land, etc... etc.... etc....

I ride them all,

I Never make a mess, never drop litter, always give way to walkers, ramblers etc.., always shut gates, I'm always polite to others..... the list goes on

Yet it amazes me how many people just want to point out that you shouldn't be on this footpath, towpath, whatever it may be...

Yes ok, you're right, i'm wrong........... but there's only me and you within a 20 mile radius......and you want to fall out with me??.........get a f**kin' life

I now pretend to be polish and say "hello no engalish lovely day"

works really well.
  • _Ferret_
    scotto wrote:
    LoUiS1985 wrote:

I ride them all,

works really well.

Good trick - I do that too but some of the younger people will just as easily rant at you in English.
    (this is also a good trick if you get stopped in the street for a questionaire... :D )
    Not really active
  • deadkenny wrote:
    abductee wrote:
    What about access land?

Can we ride anywhere except the footpaths?
    If it's Open Access Land, no.

This is not strictly true, if you have a look on an OS map regarding access land, it says 'Access for other activities may also exist'. I found out that a large tract of access land near me is dedicated for cycling as well, which is handy as its full of lovely twisty tracks, and very handy as ammunition for ramblers who try and have a go, who have to take your word for it thanks the ambiguity of access land. In reality there is no way to tell whether rights for cycling exist from the map or on the ground, I only found out by chance when talking to the Council's rights of way officer, otherwise I never would have known. Its worth checking with them if you've got much access land near you, you could be lucky.

Back to footpaths though, so we shouldn't ride on them, are we allowed to push our bikes along them or do we have to carry them? Presumably cycling is the offence, not having a bicycle on a footpath?
  • colintrav
    scotto wrote:
    LoUiS1985 wrote:

I ride them all,

works really well.

Yer pish wouldnae work wae me dats fer sure .. I work wae 2many holy goals [ poles ]
    Plus ye gotta have the coupon tae match ya know
  • colintrav
    _Ferret_ wrote:
    colintrav wrote:
    _Ferret_ wrote:
    colintrav wrote:

Danke

I learn that from a German I worked with ,, his name was Albertz
  • _Ferret_
    colintrav wrote:
    _Ferret_ wrote:
    colintrav wrote:
    _Ferret_ wrote:
    colintrav wrote:

Danke

I learn that from a German I worked with ,, his name was Albertz

Who did you learn English from? :lol:
    Not really active