Accommodation near Cannock.

scale20
scale20 Posts: 1,300
edited November 2009 in MTB general
Does anyone know of any good digs near cannock for the night?

I have looked online and there plemty to choose from near in or around the area however if anyone knows of a good B&B or a pub with good ales and food it would be brilliant.

This weekend coming the Mrs and I are at opposite ends of the country for the weekend so we are meeting half way at cannock for a ride on Sat before I have to return back to work on Sat night.

Cheers :D
Niner Air 9 Rigid
Whyte 129S 29er.

Comments

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 2,086
    Bridge Hotel, Penkridge

Nice little village between J12 and J13 of the M6, plenty of pubs. 4 miles from the trailcentre. Most importantly, it's not in Cannock. And that's a good thing.
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Penkridge? Sounds horrible...
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    Cheers Alex, had a look online and it looks ok. I will give them a bell in the week.

On the offchance do you know if they have anywhere secure to store bikes overnight rather than keep them in the car?
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • Alex
    I doubt it, but Penkridge isn't exactly a high crime area.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Alex wrote:
    Bridge Hotel, Penkridge. Most importantly, it's not in Cannock. And that's a good thing.
    A very good thing.
    Andy wrote:
    Penkridge? Sounds horrible...
    Well, it's on the River Penk and there used to be a bridge there. Penk Bridge...Penkridge.

Sadly it lies in the lee of Cannock Chase, so it's either raining, has just rained or is about to rain.
  • Alex
    I'd like to deny that.

But it's mostly true. I've spent the day riding at Cannock in the dry and sunshine, ridden/driven the 5 miles home, and straight into heavy rain that's been sitting there all day.