magic shine light - question about light levels

mellisr1
mellisr1 Posts: 67
edited November 2009 in MTB general
I think you guys will be able to help as a lot of you have got these.

I do some night time track riding (mainly on my mountain bike on the way home from work) and would like to do some proper off road at night).

however, I also ride a road bike to work some mornings on a mix of lit roads and ulit major and minor roads.

obviously on full power this light appears to be amazing light levels for the cash. However, if I got one and used it on the road, even on half power, would I risk blinding car drivers and inviting road rage? or is the beam focussed enough that if you angle it down abit you can avoid most glare?

Do any of you guys use it on road (on the way to trails etc) or if you commute. On road in the depths of winter, being lit up like a christmas tree is good, but not if cars start tying to blind you back on full beam.

I'm sure some of you will have tried it on road as well and be able to advise
Cheers
Matt
Looking for a friendly & welcoming club in Warrington/North Cheshire area ?
Try North Cheshire Clarion : http://www.northcheshireclarion.co.uk/

Comments

• I use mine on the 450 setting on my roadie, I have it angled down with the hotspot about 15' in front of the bike. I find then that the wide beam illuminates my front wheel quite nicely making me nice and visible.
    I have never been flashed by anyone, but on unlit roads a few cars have dipped when coming towards me, I assume they think I'm a motor bike.
    Northwind wrote: It's like I covered it in superglue and rode it through ebay.