Etape through Velo Magazine

Hey,

I am looking at entering the etape through Velo magazine. As I have a house in France (in Argeles Gazost on the route) I have my french address sorted.

But do I need the medical cert to be filled out by doctor in France or could I get it done here at home.

Also I hear that only 30% of applicants get an entry through this lottery

Has anyone gone this route before and could you let me know your experiences.

If too much hassle I may try one of the operators for entry only but this may be too late now!?!?

Cheers

Comments

• The cert can be from a doctor anywhere afaik. If you are a member of a club and have a UCI racing or leisure licence you don't need the cert.

I have heard that about 30% got in last year and that while it is a lottery preference is given to those who finished the previous year. There is so much interest in next years Etape that I would guess it will be less than 30%.
  • If the Etape is too easy try this instead.

Tour%20Challenge.jpg
  • popette
    popette Posts: 2,089
    shawman wrote:
    The cert can be from a doctor anywhere afaik. If you are a member of a club and have a UCI racing or leisure licence you don't need the cert.

I have heard that about 30% got in last year and that while it is a lottery preference is given to those who finished the previous year. There is so much interest in next years Etape that I would guess it will be less than 30%.

IIRC, this was not the case last year. They were no longer accepting racing license (which is what I did the year before) and I had to get the doc to stamp a form for me.
  • niedermeyer
    niedermeyer Posts: 1,075
    Popette is correct. ASO finally twigged that you don't need a medical to get a BC license; for FFC you need one every year.

There is a letter for your doc to sign that you can download from the tape website. Don't know if this will work with the Velo entries, though.