Cycling Trip to Belgium/Northern France

For various logistical reasons, i can't take part in the RVV sportive and have started to think about organising a long weekend cycling in Belgium/Northern France.

The plan woudl be to spend Friday riding the classic bits of RVV and visiting the musem.

Saturday woudl be spent doing the climbs of Liege Bastogne Liege and Fleche Wallone.

Sunday morning would be spent on the pave of the Arenberg and Carrefour de L'Arbes sections of teh Paris Roubaix course.

Has anyone else done something similar? Are there any obvious pitfalls?

Comments

• Sounds like a beautiful plan.

The RVV course is quite difficult to follow if the signs are not in place. All small lanes...
    There are some maps on Mapmyride and other sites, but still it's not an easy one to follow, unless you can load those maps on a GPS (is it possible?)
    If you go just after the RVV (1-2 weeks) the signs painted on the roads will still be there and it'll be a lot easier.
    I suggest to do the last 90-100 Km, from Oudenaarde to Ninove and ignore the previous part, which is dull. Don't be put off by having to walk up the Paterberg and Koppemberg... it's normal and keep focus on trying to climb the Kapelmuur in Gerardsbergen, which is doable...

The LBL goes on fairly large roads, so shouldn't be a problem. The Aremberg forest... never been, but I assume if you follow the paved sections you'll be OK... :lol:
    left the forum March 2023