Pciking up my new CycletoWork bike on Saturday

triggmiester
triggmiester Posts: 197
edited June 2015 in MTB general
Very excited, looking at getting back in the saddle after a few years away, hopefully get my fitness up as well.
I am getting a Cannondale F5 Disc with the following spec;

Frame CO2 SL
Fork ROCKSHOX DART 3
Rear Shock N/A
Rims JALCO XC2.1
Hubs FORMULA DC20 & DC22
Spokes STAINLESS BLACK
Tires HUTCHINSON IGUANA, 26X2.0"
Pedals Wellgo w/ clip and strap
Crank TRUVATIV FIVE D3.1, 22/32/44
Chain KMC
Rear Cogs SUNRACE M96, 11-32
Bottom Bracket TRUVATIV LE
Front Derailleur Shimano Deore
Rear Derailleur SHIMANO SLX
Shifters Shimano Deore
Handlebars Cannondale C3
Stem CANNONDALE
Headset Cane Creek, 1"1/8
Brakeset Avid Juicy 3
Brakelevers AVID Juicy 3

Anyone have any opinions on this model?

Any feedback would be appreciated

Comments

• scotto
    scotto Posts: 381
    cannondale make great bikes end of story, that all looks good, not sure about the fork but am sure someone will be along who knows it.
  • What are you using it for?

Cycling to work?

Off road?

Looks like a great starter, fork is a little bit of a let down, but aside from that looks good.

Get yourself a decent set of pedals (SPD or Flats, choose your poison).
  • going to be uising it for off road, looking to get on some trails asap.

Already got a set of SPD's in anticipation, just need to find some decent spd shoes.

Whats exactly wrong with the forks (sorry - noob) :D
  • Dat are a OK fork, basic, cheap, but for commuting they are a good buy. I just bought a pair, as a stop gap, but would prefer rock shox recon. :D
  • I had a Cannondale, good bikes, looks good to get you going. I would not worry too much about the fork at the moment. just get out and ride and enjoy it. I you want to you can upgrade leter.

Enjoy!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,081
    I had a Cannondale, good bikes, looks good to get you going. I would not worry too much about the fork at the moment. just get out and ride and enjoy it. I you want to you can upgrade leter.

Enjoy!

+1

make sure you enjoy it before you start upgrading
  • Good starter bit of kit, the forks will be fine for a while, little heavy not a lot of adjustment available, but will be good to start with.

SPDs are a good move, anything on the bike that you touch is worth splashing out on.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Good starter bit of kit, the forks will be fine for a while, little heavy not a lot of adjustment available, but will be good to start with.

SPDs are a good move, anything on the bike that you touch is worth splashing out on.
    You resurrected a five year old thread to repeat a post?

Weird...
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools