Sunday Road/Chilled rides, Edinburgh

Dr U Idh
Dr U Idh Posts: 324
Hello - this is an invitation from The Bike Chain, Edinburgh

This will, hopefully, be the first of a regular series of rides over the coming winter months. We're aiming for them to be more of a social event than an out-and-out training run, although we expect that some participants may wish to push themselves occasionally. Stopping for food and a drink will be an essential part of the run.

Pace will be relatively gentle - I suspect we're looking at 20-25kph - and no one will be left behind.

A description of the route will be available and those (if any) speeding off at the front will be expected to wait at any major junctions.

Short-cuts may be deployed if delays occur or if the weather is particularly pants.

The first ride will take us out to North Berwick via Drem and back along the coast road through Gullane. Leaving from the shop, this works out at just under 76km and there are no major climbs.

A preview of the route is available here: http://www.bikeroutetoaster.com/Course. ... urse=90844

We will be setting off at 10:00 and should be returning to the shop between 14:00 and 15:00.

Any sort of road bike will be suitable. If you have a Mountain Bike, we can advise of some more suitable tyres which will make the day possible, if not quite as easy as for those on slicked-up road bikes.

If you are interested, please drop us an email at manager@thebikechain.co.uk so that we have an idea of numbers.

It is open to girls and boys and if you shave your legs and are a man then we will have to deal with you on your other individual merits!

- - -Mods if this breaks any rules then please let me know and accept my apologies. The shop will be shut on this day and there will be no intention to sell anyfink! - - -

Comments

• lmk1
    lmk1 Posts: 95
    which sunday are you planning to start these, next sunday 8th Nov?? sorry if your post said this but could see it.
  • Dr U Idh
    Silly me. Yep - first ride is this coming Sunday (8th). We're aiming to follow it up every 4 weeks or so.
  • lmk1
    lmk1 Posts: 95
    thanks, i'll have a chat to my mate and drop you an email.
  • Dr U Idh
    Final bump.