Poor customer service from Genesis bikes

Darra8
Darra8 Posts: 721
edited March 2010 in MTB general
In fact, no customer service at all!!!

I have tried emailing them at the address provided on the Genesis website, with no reply. I have tried phoning them at the number provided and got though to Madison, which must be the distributor. It's very strange, it's like Genesis almost doesn't exist. I got put though to several people who knew nothing about the bikes, and one Woman didn't seem to know anything about bikes in general!!! It would appear that there are just 2 guys in the building that are Genesis, and I was assured that my details would be passed on to these two experts and that they would reply asap....fat chance of that! All I wanted was a spec sheet for my bike :cry:

Anyone else tried to contact them?

Steve
40 year old pussy who "still" hates the thought of falling off!!

Comments

• M6TTF
    M6TTF Posts: 602
    Yep, I emailed them earlier in the year about the 2010 bikes but heard nothing so they lost a sale as far as I'm concerned
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    What specs are you after? WHich Genesis was it again?
  • Darra8
    supersonic wrote:
    What specs are you after? WHich Genesis was it again?

i0 single speed, yes, yes I know, oh dear oh dear :wink: I'm not sure if there is any difference between the 07 and the 08 version, plus I just wanted a complete breakdown of the spec. and why mine appears to be 3lbs heavier that the 09 one :cry:
  • try ringing ridgeback as genesis are just a sub sector of them, or see if the guys at madison can explain the situation, ive heard it on the grape vine that Madison own ridgeback and therefore genesis so dont lose hope
    Genesis Altitude
    BMC Team Machine
  • M6TTF wrote:
    Yep, I emailed them earlier in the year about the 2010 bikes but heard nothing so they lost a sale as far as I'm concerned

last time i checked with madison, the range is delayed till atleast mid novemeber, so key models should be out before chrimbo
    Genesis Altitude
    BMC Team Machine
  • colintrav
    colintrav Posts: 1,074
    Darra8 wrote:
    In fact, no customer service at all!!!

I have tried emailing them at the address provided on the Genesis website, with no reply. I have tried phoning them at the number provided and got though to Madison, which must be the distributor. It's very strange, it's like Genesis almost doesn't exist. I got put though to several people who knew nothing about the bikes, and one Woman didn't seem to know anything about bikes in general!!! It would appear that there are just 2 guys in the building that are Genesis, and I was assured that my details would be passed on to these two experts and that they would reply asap....fat chance of that! All I wanted was a spec sheet for my bike :cry:

Anyone else tried to contact them?

Steve

Welcome to the real world , Customer service is something that Bike companies aren't willing or keen to pay some person sit by a phone / PC ... 8 plus hours a day ..
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Genesis is Madison.

as is Saracen and others.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Darra8
    nicklouse wrote:
    Genesis is Madison.

as is Saracen and others.

That might be the case, but they still don't know anything about the bikes. Not much help really when you are the UK distributor of them
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    no they OWN Genisis bikes.

keep at them as it is the only place to go.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Darra8
    Right, got ya.

Cheers.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    As a Genesis bike owner myself, I cant fault them for their services, they have been very helpful responding to my emails within 24 hours.

James Olsen is the one you need to get in touch at Genesis, his email addy:

enquires@genesisbikes.co.uk

Cheers
  • Alternatively you can email sales@madison.co.uk on anything to do with one of our brands or products. I personally look at 99% of our consumer enquiry emails daily and we have a team of folk tasked with answering them, most are answered within 1 working day provided we or the relevant brand manager are not tied up or away at an event so, go for it

Will Fripp
    Marketing Director
    Madison