FREE Squirt trial Nirvana cycles 7th November

bergie
bergie Posts: 13
edited November 2009 in MTB general
Free Squirt trial Nirvana cycles 7th November

If anybody is planning on being at the surrey hills on Sat 7th November Squirt chainlube are offering FREE chain and cassette degreasing and applying Squirt chainlube.
This all takes place at Nirvana cycles Westcott from 9am-4pm 7th November.
The intention is turn around each bike as swiftly as possibe.Great excuse to linger in Nirvana and sample their new coffee machine.

http://www.in2dust.co.uk/

Comments

• bergie
    Free Squirt trial Cycles Dauphin 14th November

If anybody missed Nirvana on the 7th November we are at Cycles Dauphin box hill on Sat 14th 9am-4pm.Same deal.FREE degreasing of your chain and sprockets and application of Squirt chain lube.

http://www.in2dust.co.uk/
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    worth picking up and saving for the dry months.
  • bergie
    This is a mail from Katie Compton`s manager after the mtbike w/c at Bromont.Katie just won another w/c cyclocross race this past w/end now using Squirt full time....

Hey Larry, Katie placed 6th in the Bromont WC yesterday in wet conditions. The previous week mechanics used Pedros lube on Katie's chain which turned it into a dirty sand mess which caused some shifting issues. Katie made sure to use the Squirt lube this weekend and it performed fantastic in the mud

Travis Brown who`s known for being quirky and pretty picky about what he uses.He started the 69er movement and could be called a legend in the sport wrote the following..

I raced a 100k race in Gunnison (Gunnison Growler) on Sunday that took six hours and had a quiet drive train the whole time. I am leaving quite a bit of build up on the chain and cogs and that seems to work pretty well for the long stuff." and: "Hermosa Creek Classic was this weekend and again full of mud. I had several thick coats of Squirt on for the start and I think it is better than anything else in the wet as well as the dry. My drivetrain was still quiet when things dried out on the long hotel draw climb after the all the water crossings. This year I won!"

Often people think a dry lube means for dry conditions and we struggle to get the point across thats not the case with Squirt.You will use a little more wax lube then an oil based lube if you are lubing up for a wet ride but then you wont be buying degreaser and cleaning chains either.Thats what Travis meant with his build up quote.

Hey ,its just a chain lube that works really well which is why we try to help riders experience it and no doubt many will disagree with me and many will convert.
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    I use it myself, it's on the chain right now but coming off when this bottle finishes.

1) it doesn't particularly like millstone grit in the peak district

2) it can't handle a hard downpour or persistent peak district rain.

3) it most definitely doesn't like both together.

If you ride daily and you're prepared to go through a bottle every 10 days in those conditions (having to re-apply after every ride) then cool. But when I can get a small bottle of Finish Line Wet to last the first three Autumn / Winter months, I'll put up with chain cleaning till things dry out a little.

But rest assured, when things dry out again, I'll re-apply Squirt because outside of the above it is actually good value and a worthwhile product I've found.
  • gaz047
    gaz047 Posts: 601
    blister pus "I use it myself, it's on the chain right now but coming off when this bottle finishes.

1) it doesn't particularly like millstone grit in the peak district

2) it can't handle a hard downpour or persistent peak district rain.

3) it most definitely doesn't like both together."

same here its fine in the dry, but comes off quickly in the wet peak
    if it ain't rainin.....it ain't trainin
    Stick your 'rules' up your a%se
  • bergie
    Thanks for the feedback.I havent ridden in the peaks this year since taking on Squirt. :oops:
    We sent a bunch of samples up there right at the beginning of May to some locals and had favourable comments.Good to get year round comments.