Cardrona Pump Track

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited December 2009 in MTB general
Not sure where this should live really, (Mods feel free to move if necessary).

This is a cut and paste from mtbscotland, I'm posting it for a friend:

Cardrona is between Glentress and Innerleithen, this would be huge asset for locals and visitors.

"
I am sure you will be pleased to hear that the Cardrona Pump n’Jump Project which I have discussed with you earlier this year has now made it to the final stages of the Peoples Millions, Big Lottery funding.

ITV1 Border will produce a short 2 minute film to be shown on the Evening News programme on Tues 24th November.

We will be going head to head against the Border Curling Development Club in a vote off. The project with the highest number of telephone votes will get the funding it is looking for.

Voting can take place any time during the day from 9am until 12 midnight. The number to ring to vote will only be released on the day. Each supporter can vote 10 times at a cost of 10p per call so for £1, you can help us get the most votes, secure the funding to enable us to build the track Jan/Feb 2010.

The track will be open for everyone to benefit so we need your support.

There are a number of ways in which supporters can keep in touch with developments in the build up to the 24th.

They can go to the Peoples Millions website and view the project at http://www.peoplesmillions.org.uk/regio ... jump-track

They can go to our page on Facebook and become a fan. That way, we can easily broadcast the number to vote on 24th Nov when it becomes available.

http://www.facebook.com/cardrona%20pump ... 173?ref=ts

The project can also be followed daily on Twitter at www.twitter.com/cardronapandj

Can you please forward this on to as many contacts as you can. I would like to develop a viral campaign over the coming weeks so that we have a very large network on supporters on board by 24th when we all need to vote."

And here's a pic of it:
pbpic4181642.jpg
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    You've got my vote

(bumping for a good cause!)
    Uncompromising extremist
  • myopic
    myopic Posts: 692
    There used to be some good natural trails at Cardrona, but I haven't ridden there for years as they seem to have become dominated by horses and walkers and last time I went we ended up on the wrong side of a fenced off area for watching the ospreys. The initially indignant birdwatchers were treated to the site of my girlfriend failing to unclip in front of the hide before we climbed the 8 ft high fence with our bikes :oops:

A pump track there would be great!
    You don't need eyes to see, you need vision
  • myopic
    Can you post the number on the site today? This is the day the votes have to go in!
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    The number to call is v0871 626 8814. You can vote up to 10 times from a BT landline at 10p a pop.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • myopic
    It didn't get the funding - went to the Curlers instead. Don't know how close the vote was in the end though.
  • Apparently if they get the runner up prize, they'll still get enough to go ahead with their plans. Not sure when we find that out though.
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • myopic
    Just checked the site and saw that the project did get the runner up prize and so will be going ahead :D
  • grumsta
    grumsta Posts: 994
    Sweet :)