La Marmotte & L'Etape questions......

roadiesean
roadiesean Posts: 577
Hi all

I know that the only way to get entry into the Etape from the UK is via a tour company. My questions are :-

1. Is the Marmotte the same ?
2. If you have a French address can you apply from there ?
3. Why do they tie you into only being able to book through a tour agent, do they not think we are bright enough to work out our own accomodation ??

Any help gratefully received. I am keen to do either one next year, but the cost is ridiculous given that I stay in Argeles every single year anyway and have a French address as well.

Cheers all
Sean

Comments

• roadiesean wrote:
    1. Is the Marmotte the same ?
    Nope, just enter online, Bob's yer uncle.
  • Answers

1) Enter online.

2) You can enter the lotto with the entry form from Velo magazine. Velo magazine is owned by L’Equipe which is owned by Philippe Amaury Publications which also owns Amaury Sport Organisation which owns the Tour de France, I think you can see where this is going. The entry is by lottery but you have a better chance if you have a sub to Velo Magazine and or are a resident of France.

3) The only way for a foreigner to get in is to pay big bucks. Perhaps it is fair enough that Amaury want to look after their own customers first.

Forget the Etape, go to Argeles and ride Le Pyreneenne or Hubert Arbes, both are excellent sportives.