Bike parks in the garden ?

BurtonM
BurtonM Posts: 425
edited November 2009 in MTB general
I keep seeing people saying that they want to build a bike park in there garden, and the thread is full of ideas such as wall rides over doors etc.
Has anybody actually built one, can i see pictures ?
yeehaamcgee wrote:

That's like saying i want a door for my car that doesn't meet the roof, because I once had the wind blow it shut when I was getting in, and I had my head squished between, well, the door and the roof.

Comments

• Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    if my garden was big enough i'd build a pump track

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    Buy "Dirt" magazine. Every month they feature someone's backyard pump track/jumps/bike park.
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • i'd get a gargage put out back

build a roll in off it into a table top then 4x / pump track

032607pump4.jpg
    54473579a7390753515l.jpg
    normal_Brandon_berm.JPG
    091406jirobigberm.jpg

google is a wonderful thing my friend
  • BurtonM
    apreciated, however, i would like to see some forum members pump tracks :)
    yeehaamcgee wrote:

That's like saying i want a door for my car that doesn't meet the roof, because I once had the wind blow it shut when I was getting in, and I had my head squished between, well, the door and the roof.
  • Hercule Q
    i could build one but i would get killed to death by my dad for ruining his potatos untill he realised he could play on it as well but the evil step mother would then kill us both

pinkbike
  • RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    Hercule Q wrote:
    i could build one but i would get killed to death by my dad for ruining his potatos untill he realised he could play on it as well but the evil step mother would then kill us both

I'd love to build one as well (although I doubt if I have the time), but my mum would kill me as well. And the argument "but you can play on it too!" probably would not work. At all.
  • Hercule Q
    thats why i cant wait to own my own house

pinkbike
  • BurtonM
    i dont care about a house. i want land, like a barn with an acre maybe. obviously not for my first house though.
    like a mancave with a bike park/mx track would be awesome.
    keep dreaming ey
    yeehaamcgee wrote:

• BurtonM wrote:
    I keep seeing people saying that they want to build a bike park in there garden, and the thread is full of ideas such as wall rides over doors etc.
    Has anybody actually built one, can i see pictures ?

Here is our first attempt (Link below) it's a bit tame but we have had a mini digger in over the summer I will post the results soon. It's not as easy as it looks the trouble is we have about 1/2 an acre and to get a track from top to bottom takes one hell of a lot of soil and digging but we will do it bit by bit. Got old bt poles a few weeks ago to make some northshore when I get time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZjCwLAZPbo
    Its all up hill down here
  • KonaMike
    KonaMike Posts: 805
    Those kids will be awesome riders with that kind of practice every day !!
  • i'd love to be able to afford a house with a Big enough garden to build a track of such that wouldnt mean it was the Whole garden! ;-)
    dont get me wrong, i love ridign the bike, But i also Love mowing the lawn and sitting back chilling on it in the summer! (Very Manly experience Mowing your own lawn!!)
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    borderboy very lucky boys you have there.

My garden is just about big enough for me to turn around in :( It would be awesome to just pop out to the garden for a quick blast round a pump track for a bit. 8)
  • I'm in the middle of buying a house with a field, think it's just shy of an acre, but it is on a hill that's on about a 1 in 5 gradient. Oh yeah, and it goes right up to the back door! :lol::D:D