mobi washers???

percey
percey Posts: 53
edited November 2009 in MTB general
am thinking of purchasing the small mobi washer 12v/240v have read a few reviews, was just wondering if any of you guys have the washer and could let me know if its worth it, it seems a great little washer, to get most of the crap off, before you put the bike back in the car, cheers percey

Comments

• percey wrote:
    am thinking of purchasing the small mobi washer 12v/240v have read a few reviews, was just wondering if any of you guys have the washer and could let me know if its worth it, it seems a great little washer, to get most of the crap off, before you put the bike back in the car, cheers percey

I bought one early this year it is the £90 240/12v model. It works well and isn't too powerful!! as to do damage to bearings etc
    I use it to clean five bikes, but have to take water with us to clean all 5 bike's. You can clean one well, half a job with 2, any more needs extra water. A few things annoy me, the lead comes off if the lead twists, and the hose is too stiff and doesn't coil up that well to get it back in the side pocket. But on the whole worth the £90 I paid for it.
    Its all up hill down here
  • I'm thinking of one of these too, but am undecided whether or not to go for the rechargeable version, which also holds more water, but runs at a higher pressure so probably wouldn't actually last any longer.
    Anyway, where's cheapest to get one? I've noticed them branded as Muc Off on non mtb webshops.
  • This could be the new 'what lights' or 'what winter tyre' question! I'd also like a mobile 'pressure' washer but my car cig lighter blows fuses every 2 or 3 times it's used
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    I bought one of the yellow ones. Dirtmaster it might be called.

Used it a few time when I didn't have the means to use a hose at home. They're ok. The presure is about the same as a hosepipe so it's right on the money, but even with a sponge and muck-off I couldn't get it spotless. If you just wanna get the worst off they're cool. Especially if you need to take your bike in the car. But we use a van so I just wait till I've got home now. It works best if you use it as soon as you stop riding. If you give it a chance to dry on you had it.

In fact if, anyone fancies it for £40 pm me. I think that's half price.
  • Hi

Bought the mobi washer, v15 a few weeks ago, this washer really answered my problem of being a flat dweller, spesh after night rides when getting over to my parents to clean the bike is not doable.

I can give my bike, shoes and legs a good old wash on one tank, the pressure is enough to blast off most of the muck, I just give it a quick rinse, spray some muc off on the bike then give me and my shoes a quick wash, then its back to the bike with a brush and spray, job done.

only faults i can see with this, is the slightly annoying twisting of the hose that then un-does it self, and if you dont do the lid up tight and then it rolls over in the boot of you car whilst drving, you then get a boot full of water!! doh, my fault for not tieing it down!

if you want a portbale washer, then you wont be disapointed.

paul
  • Steve_F
    Steve_F Posts: 682
    So where do you pick these up from? Is it something I should be looking for on CRC/Wiggle or do places like Halfords/Argos do cheaper non bike versions?

I'm just going to look on CRC and see but hopefully the answer can cut down a bit of work for people interested in getting one.

Cheers
    Current steed is a '07 Carrera Banshee X
    + cheap road/commuting bike
  • Cheapest I've seen the v-15 for is £89.99 (evans, Wiggle, CRC), I've not seen the v-17 anywhere other than on Mobis website at £149.99.
  • I was thinking about a mobi washer as i finished at Bringewood DH on sunday and it looked like i had half the trail stuck to my bike!! lol

Ive seen them in Leisure Lakes for £99.99...x mas is coming up 8)
    80 x 80 is not enough pixels!!!!

http://www.monzaautomotive.com/

My bikes and a few riding pics http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12673633
  • Surf-Matt
    Surf-Matt Posts: 5,952
    Not mobile but just got one of these:

39476095.jpg

Very powerful, four different heads and utterly kicks the ar5e out of any dirt. Variable pressure too so I don't kill bearings (although I am capable of aiming the jet away from bearings unlike some... :wink: )

Only £150 (half price) too.

Got it mostly for my fiddly alloys but good on the bikes too.