christmas cracker

2»

Comments

• Variance
    Variance Posts: 130
    Really enjoyed this ride, was the final distance really 65 miles? Sure felt like it on the approach to grasmere!!

All in all, a good day and will def do more of these
  • sagalout
    sagalout Posts: 338
    Yeah, everyone I spoke to at the end was showing 65 miles on their trips.

The actual route was pretty easy, not really any climbs with the re-arranged route, but was still glad to get to the end and tuck into the xmas pud!
  • sagalout
    Results and photos are up on the website.

https://regonline.activeeurope.com/cust ... ults09.pdf

Quite happy with my 4:20, epecially as 10 minutes was queing for a sarny at the feedstop! The British Cycling guy was Anthony Windle, who had the fastest time by a fair margin at 3:20

That's my 2nd sportive since starting cycling in September --and already booked for the Lakeland loop, which will be a lot more challenging than Sundays ride I think!
  • Good day, bit hairy in places but very happy with 3hr 45 and 8th place.

Saga if you only started in sept well done!
  • Thanks to the lads who stopped and sorted me and the bike out after a tumble just before the turn off down the Coniston lake road. More incompetence on my part than ice I suspect.

No lasting damage - finished the route anyway. Had to peel the leg warmers off my leg in the shower - impressive holes in my knee!
  • They have re done the results...i'm upto 5th!

There was quite a few off's, tricky conditions.
  • Variance
    Does anyone have the link to updated results?
  • sagalout
    320DMsport wrote:
    They have re done the results...i'm upto 5th!

There was quite a few off's, tricky conditions.

Wow, excellent result that - I've been moved up to 40th :)

Can I ask how long you typically spend at a feed station? I like to try and get in, quick sarny and tea and out again before I cool down too much, but on Sunday it was a 15 minute queue to just get in the building, so was about 25 mins altogether, and by the time I got back on my bike I was all cold and took a while to get into it again.
    320DMsport wrote:
    Saga if you only started in sept well done!

Cheers :)

Its been quote a year really - this time last year I was 16 stone and did no exercise. Started running in the new year and changed my lifestyle in terms of diet etc. Now weigh 12st 2 (6ft tall)

Just looking at my training log on mapmyride and I went for my first ride on an old 80's Vitus I reconditioned on the 29th September. Got hooked quickly and been doing about 100 miles a week including turbo sessions. Entered the Colomba Chemo Classic which was hard but enjoyable, then got a late entry for the Xmas Cracker.
  • Variance
    Still cant find updated results, does anyone have the link?

Ta
  • Philip S
    Philip S Posts: 398
    It was a really enjoyable ride. The views along and across Coniston Water were fantastic - like a mirror.

And a word of thanks to the Carlisle Tri guys who let me tag along with them on the return leg from Cartmel - nice to have some good company while slogging up Grizedale and on the quick run-in after that. I'll have to try to get down to some more Cumbrian Sportives next year - Cumberland Challenge looks like a possibility.