Recommend a good East London LBS?

0scar
0scar Posts: 219
edited November 2009 in The workshop
Hi all,

I've just bought an old, heavily chipped bike, stripped it down for a respray and rebuilt it. I don't have a stand so I indexed the gears upside down. I have discovered that this was something of a school boy error as the gears work completely differently upside down. I now have a clunky fixie with a lot of redundant kit on it that throws its chain every 4 miles. The gears are old school Ultegra - with the Octalink crank so around 2004. Can anyone recommend a good LBS in Hackney/Whitechapel that can index it for me?

The front derailleur lever is set up for a triple but the chainset is a double - can it be indexed into a double or would I have to buy a new one?

Thanks!
Commuter: Taped-up black Trek 2200 (FCN 5)
Shiny bike: Pinarello FP2 (FCN 3)

Comments

• yakk
    yakk Posts: 589
    Hi there, re front mech, all you do is use the adjustment screw to stop it dropping into a non-existant 3rd cog at the front, should work fine with the double chainset.
    I bought a very simple triangular stand from Decathlon for £4 which gets the back wheel off the ground, and is great for indexing if you fancy a go - won't fit really fat downtubes though.
    Hope this helps.
    Yak