pitch pro fork problem?

little wiser
little wiser Posts: 662
edited October 2009 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi hope some one can help just got this bike home and looking over it etc and the u turn on the forks work fine but rebound adjuster has fell out :oops: , ive put it back in but is there a way stop this happening dont want it to fall out first ride!
also can i set the sag on these forks like my dual air rebas?
Last question whats best sag for rear shock and settings to start off with the bike was owned by some one a lot bigger than me im 70 kg if that helps thanks.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    What is the fork?

push iy till it goes click.

or ride with out it fitted.

and have a look in the FAQs.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • sorry fork is pike 351 u turn
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    then forget the looking in the FAQs then. rest apply.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Thanks i had looked all through FAQ and i all ready do your tip for my other bike any where i can find out rear shock (fox float rp2), base settings and also base settings for forks?
    Thanks again and thanks for the quick answers :D
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Not sure what you mean by base settings - you set the shock by sag ie pump it up until you get the sag you require ie 25% of the shock travel. Then adjust rebound and compression to your preferences.

Most rear shocks work upto 300 psi (though do check), so start at 150psi.
  • Perhaps my motorbike side coming out off me they normally give you a standard setting ie how they come from factory and this is what i meant, but i know that the sag setting are not for 99.9% of people in the uk and when set up to rider makes a big improvement hope that sense :oops:
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    You have to adjust yourself to get what you want. Set the sag (25% is standard, 20% for a firmer ride, 30%) then ride.

Many start with rebpund in the lowest setting then slowly add, or start in the middle and see how it feels.